Document Management System Engineer II
Posted on Apr 5, 2021 by Request Technology
A prestigious law firm is on the search for a DMS Engineer II. This Document Management System Engineer will build out iManage to support the infrastructure best in class functionality and support security of the DMS infrastructure. They need someone with 5+ years of engineering and support of iManage document management systems.
- The DMS Engineer is responsible for the design, support, and on-going operation of the Firm's document management system built on technologies from iManage.
- The position serves to drive change in technology and process to bring best-in-class functionality, supportability, and security to the DMS infrastructure.
- Designs and implements new technologies and features with guidance from Architecture and/or Project Management. Leads initiatives within the team to improve systems and processes.
- Provides third-level support to attorneys and staff. Documents common troubleshooting steps for first and second-level support teams. Provides 24x7 on-call support on a rotating basis.
- Performs routine and preventative system maintenance and implements changes to address production issues. Regularly participates in monthly off-hours maintenance windows.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Five (5) + years of direct experience engineering and supporting an iManage document management environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to clearly convey information to a broad audience, from individual attorneys and staff to IT leadership.
- Strong relationship-building skills, both within and across teams.
- Aptitude for identifying issues and a curiosity to understand their underlying cause.
- Ability to drive incremental change and improvement while balancing multiple projects and initiatives.
- Experience working in a legal environment or strong familiarity with document management issues affecting legal firms.
- iManage Work 10, client and server
- iManage RAVN indexing
- iManage Communication Server
- iManage Mobility Server and iOS client
- iManage Insight
- Knowledge of SQL query structure and iManage database schema. Ability to create reports or perform operations against the DMS SQL environment.
- Experience with the iManage programming API and Scripting administrative tasks via Powershell preferred.