Cyber Security Engineer - Splunk
Posted on Apr 5, 2021 by Experis AG
Experis is the global leader in professional resourcing and project-based workforce solutions. Our suite of services ranges from interim and permanent recruitment to managed services and consulting, enabling businesses to achieve their goals. We accelerate organisational growth by attracting, assessing, and placing specialised professional talent.
Key Responsibilities:Monitor, maintain and improve Splunk environment reliability and quality of service
- Build and test solutions in a pre-production environment
- Document test results, designs, and operational manuals for the solutions
- Provide support of Production operations
- Occasional on-duty or after business hours work in case of incident support
- Perform code upgrades without supervision.
- Identify and document best practices within their subject matter areas of expertise
- Provide continuous process improvement suggestions.
- Maintain and document Standard Operating Procedures.
- Create, and maintain educational content as an integral part of the engineering and user experience.
Challenges Contractor will be facing in this role:
The candidate will work with Cyber Security Analytics teams and will be mainly responsible for solving highly technical problems, which may require assessing source code to analyse and resolve problems. This requires advanced troubleshooting skills and must be able to adapt and create non-standard approaches to problem solving.
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of professional experience in big data platforms (inducing Splunk), SIEM, logs management
- Hands-on experience administrating and troubleshooting Splunk distributed environments/clusters is a must
- Proficient in analysing and interpreting log sources (Web proxies, Firewalls, Windows, Linux, Sysmon, EDR )
- Comfortable with Linux administration, Bash scripts, packaging (RPM), troubleshooting
- Experience with at least one programming language (Python or Java preferred)
- Experience with Splunk Enterprise Security
- Proficient in writing and using REST and SOAP APIs
- Experience working in a DevOps/SRE team, applying Agile methodology
- Experience with assessing incidents criticality and escalation processes
- Experience with writing technical documentation for internal audiences.
Interested in this opportunity? Kindly send us your CV today through the link in the advert. However, should you have any questions please contact Danny Besse.