Posted on Apr 5, 2021 by Harvey Nash IT Recruitment Switzerland
For our client in Zurich, Swiss Bank, we are looking for an Authentication Architect for a 12 months project
Design and own the end to end architecture, high-level and low-level design artifacts for Authentication platform which allow consumption of Internal and external (SaaS/PaaS) applications access through corporate desktops and BYOD mobile & desktops. Lead technical authorship across the engineering team to deliver high-quality, detailed system specifications.
Design, document, and implement provisioning virtual smart cards, authenticator app within the bank. The candidate will document detail plan and impact assessment and mitigation plan for transitioning from physical Smartcard to virtual Smartcard and/or password-less authentication (authenticator app or other)
Provide and guide engineering teams on technical architectural knowledge of Kerberos, SAML, FIDO 2, PKI Certificate Authentication.
Understand and develop high level plan for Windows Hello for Business for corporate desktops.
Co-develop with service owners the long-term service vision and strategy. Support the discovery of and manage the translation of stakeholder requirements into coherent, harmonized design outcomes to deliver a seamless end-to-end experience for internal and third-party consumers of collaboration services
Promote and evangelize the solution strategy across all seniority (up to CIO) levels of technical and business stakeholders. Establish a close partnership with our Global Business/Global Function Capability Team to understand their demand through a Cloud Suitability Assessment & Adoption roadmap
Define best practice for Cloud adoption, through the creation of a Cloud Pattern Framework, enabling self-service with full automation, improving speed of delivery through standardized and robust set of cloud patterns.
Ensure appropriate governance exists underpinning Cloud adoption, ensuring that appropriate regulatory, compliance, security and architecture controls are effectively maintained.
- Provide appropriate support for our Regulatory engagements
- Evangelize the Cloud Strategy across Credit Suisse
Overview of the department/team (team size, backgrounds, personalities):
Workspace Access services Team - + 40 Team Members based in Switzerland, UK, APAC, USA. Immediate Team based in UK and Switzerland, some Team Members from US, around 5 specialists.
Challenges Contractor will be facing in this role:
The person needs to understand the Modern Authentication methods for Cloud and on premises to be able to design target platforms to cater for enhanced security, at the same time making the User Experience a priority.
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 4-8 years of working experience in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related fields
- Possess proven technology knowledge on Identity and Authentication for OnPrem and Cloud Services, Kerberos Auth, PKI Certificate Auth (+4 years of experience)
- Experience on identity providers (Ping Federate and Azure AD) and also with leading authenticator app providers (+4 years of experience)
- Experience or can demonstrate a solid grasp of cloud technologies or concepts - including Azure AD & M365 (+4 years of experience)
- Possess a high-level business understanding of implications of Cloud adoption for Retail/Investment Banking and Wealth Management
- Provide expert knowledge & expertise in design & engineering of Microsoft 365 and other collaboration products design and deployment
- Have a system engineering and architecture background and the ability to compare different solutions to meet a business requirement. Be able to provide technical thought leadership in evaluation of new technologies to meet business requirements and influence key stakeholders leading to adoption. Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills - desire to solve complex problems at scale.
- Possess in-depth conceptual functional and non-functional knowledge of high availability and disaster recovery design principles, multi-tenanted, multi-geo concepts for SaaS, IaaS and PaaS adoption, Networking (TCP/UDP, Routing, Broadcast/Multicast, LAN/WAN), Application deployment and life cycle. excellent documentation and communication skills with an ability to clearly articulate complex concepts to people new to Cloud Development
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills with experience of successfully influencing others, negotiating effectively and winning over audiences with compelling and persuasive presentations.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Cloud-native - deep understanding of at least one of Azure, AWS and/or GCP,
- strong awareness of the architectural solution considerations across IaaS/PaaS/SaaS service models,
- proficient with configuration & release management tools,
- deployment and troubleshooting knowledge of private and public clouds,
- passion for technology & understanding how things work,
- TOGAF certification or equivalent, Cloud Architect industry certification(s),
- Previous experience in financial services or similar regulated industry
- Software development background, DevOps, CI/CD, test and provisioning automation, API integration are all desirable attributes.
Track record of:
- Delivering significant change which improves business effectiveness in sustainable ways.
- Setting and achieving challenging short, medium and long-term goals that exceeded the standards in their field.
- Proven experience of leading others and creating an environment that supports and inspires people to develop and deliver.
- Building effective networks both internally and externally and creating opportunities for others to work collaboratively. Making complex decisions with authority, even in times of ambiguity, considering the potential long-term risks and implications.