Risk Information Systems Specialist
Posted on Apr 3, 2021 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*Permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Global Firm is currently seeking a Risk Information Systems Specialist. Candidate will work closely with members of the Risk Systems, New Business & Conflicts, Information Governance, and Compliance teams to understand business system needs and to ensure standard business processes are being followed. Candidate will play a critical role in identifying gaps in our systems/process, communicating business needs and collaborating with cross functional teams to design solutions and securing necessary approvals. Candidate will have opportunities to audit business processes, perform data analysis, gather business requirements, document new/updated processes and support the roll out of system changes.
- Performs business analysis tasks to determine business needs, and translate them to conceptual and system requirements.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts (technical and non-technical) to understand and document processes and procedures.
- Conducts regular audits to monitor compliance with established processes by examining and analysing records, reports, operating practices, and documentation; preparing for audits by conducting appropriate research; preparing and distributing draft reports to management; and documenting audit tests and findings.
- Follows up on gaps found in process audits to closure.
- Keeps abreast of processes changes and improves protection by recommending changes to processes.
- Supports and facilitates functional and user acceptance testing for Risk systems.
- Performs project management tasks to ensure efficient and successful completion of assigned work/projects.
- Performs data analysis when needed to support department reporting needs.
- Gathers critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and produces action plans.
- Support creation of use cases, functional specifications, change requests, test cases and other documentation as needed to ensure quality of delivered product.
- Communicates insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management appropriately.
Bachelor's degree in business, information management or equivalent experience in a related field is required.
Two to five years of experience in a legal environment or other professional services environment preferred. Risk, auditing (business process and computer-related auditing techniques preferred), business analysis or related experience preferred.
Candidate must demonstrate analytical/critical thinking, excellent documentation skills, strong communication skills, acute attention to detail, a collaborative mindset, business acumen, data mining skills and a general understanding of Information Technology. Multi-tasking, setting priorities planning skills and the ability to produce high quality work are required. Substantial knowledge of Project Management and Business Analysis methodologies is required. Experience with advance excel, Visio, SQL, Qlik, Intapp, OR SSRS a plus.