Cloud Monitoring Automation Engineer
Posted on Apr 3, 2021 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking a Cloud Monitoring Automation Engineer. Candidate will ensure that platform services are supervised, measured, analyzed, reported, and routinely identifies improvement opportunities. You must have a passion to automate repeatable tasks, eliminate inconsistencies, present information in a meaningful way to audience at all levels. Ability to improve monitoring and develop dashboards for service assurance, observability, and reporting will be the key to success. You are someone who enjoys growing in an agile environment.
- Work with various departments to collect source data; design and build periodic reports and Real Time dashboards using various tools and technology
- Publish metrics dashboards and executive presentations. Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in sophisticated data sets
- Develop processes, tools, and templates to enable efficient, accurate and standardized data analyses and related deliverables; leverage automation to the greatest extent possible. Develop and implement data collection systems.
- Ensure consistency and accuracy of information and reporting by identifying issues and fluctuations with core metrics/key performance indicators (KPIs), facilitate changes
- Contribute to ensuring that all changes to reporting, processes, and procedures are reflected, appropriately documented and that consistency is maintained for team
- Develop work plans to meet deadlines, estimate completion dates, and communicate status.
- Work closely with management to prioritize business and information needs.
- Documentation of engineering designs, SOPs, FAQs, knowledge articles
- Bachelors degree in Information Systems, Business Administration, Mathematics, or Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in automation, reporting, and platform engineering
- Experience with monitoring, dashboarding, Scripting and productivity tools such as ELK and Splunk.
- The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience with the following technologies - AWS, ServiceNow, Tableau, ELK (Eastic-Logstash-Kibana), Excel, PowerPoint and BI tools
- Demonstrate effective software development expertise and leadership
- Deliver solutions on-time with high bar of quality, and continuously improve automation.
- Ability to collect data from various tools using COTS APIs and other resources to process and analysis operational and management reports.
- Excellent collaborator and phenomenal teammate
- Keen focus on automation
- Able to deliver and apply risk-based approach to prioritize work
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies, and identify process improvements and efficiencies opportunities
- Ability to adapt to change while continuing to deliver on assigned objectives
- Works under minimal direction.
- Able to provide technical guidance to the team
- Ability to communicate clearly, optimally, persuasively with technology and business partners
- Proactive in nature with customer satisfaction as primary goal.