Data Systems DevOps Engineer
Posted on Apr 3, 2021 by Request Technology
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
A fortune 500 company is on the search for a Data Systems DevOps Engineer. This engineer will be responsible for automating operational tasks, integrate new services to the platform, and treat infrastructure as code. This engineer will fully utilize AWS with services such as Cloud Formation Templates, S3, EC2, EKS and many more. The client needs someone who has 2+ years of experience with Cloud based Data Warehouse platforms eg Snowflake and Dremio in financial services domain.
- Demonstrate effective and focused software development expertise and leadership
- Deliver solutions on-time with high bar of quality, and continuously improve software engineering practices
- Work with Product Owners to understand the desired capability, to define and prioritize work, resolve deliverables, and manage workloads
- Fully utilize AWS with services such as Cloud Formation Templates, S3, EC2, EKS and many more
- Deliver and maintain standard operating procedures and assist in solving issues.
- Participate in on-call activities as needed for major incident resolution and problem management.
- Collaborate with the leadership to construct a product delivery strategy, roadmaps, and timelines
- Lead technical discussions and influence number of multi-functional teams to accomplish work.
- Act as an agent for change regarding the new technologies and tools, promote top code quality by leading design and code reviews, and solve important issues related to performance tuning and scalability
- Partner with business and technology partners to develop intuitive and useful features using an Agile approach
- Mentor junior members in the operations team and engineering teams.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 5 to 7 years of experience in Information technology, preference for infrastructure and platform services automation.
- 3+ years of Cloud infrastructure experience working with one or more of the following Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud services: EC2, EKS, EMR, ECS, S3, SNS, SQS, Cloud Formation, Cloud watch, Lambda
- 2+ years of experience with Cloud based Data Warehouse platforms eg Snowflake and Dremio in financial services domain.
- 2+ years of experience using Java, Python and configuration management tools such as Ansible.
- Proficient with CI/CD process, Agile and DevOps Software Development Life Cycle including analysis, high level design, coding, testing, and implementation, performance tuning, bug fixing and quality control
- Experience of addressing compliance and governance requirements of a complex organization.
- Documentation of Engineering Solutions and Designs.
- Ideal Certifications - AWS Certified Solutions Architect, AWS Certified Developer, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator