Monitoring Automation Engineer
Posted on Apr 3, 2021 by Request Technology
*Tthis is a permanent full time role*
A fortune 50 company is on the search for a Monitoring Automation Engineer. The key to this position is the ability to improve monitoring and develop dashboards for service assurance, observability, and reporting. This client is looking for someone with 5+ years of experience in automation, reporting, and platform engineering. The need someone with experience with monitoring, dashboarding, Scripting, and productivity tools such as ELK and Splunk.
- Automation analyst ensures that platform services are supervised, measured, analyzed, reported, and routinely identifies improvement opportunities.
- You must have a passion to automate repeatable tasks, eliminate inconsistencies, and present information in a meaningful way to audience at all levels.
- Ability to improve monitoring and develop dashboards for service assurance, observability, and reporting will be the key to success.
- You are someone who enjoys growing in an agile environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Business Administration, Mathematics, or Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in automation, reporting, and platform engineering
- Experience with monitoring, dashboarding, Scripting and productivity tools such as ELK and Splunk.
- The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience with the following technologies - AWS, ServiceNow, Tableau, ELK (Eastic-Logstash-Kibana), Excel, PowerPoint and BI tools
- Work with various departments to collect source data; design and build periodic reports and Real Time dashboards using various tools and technology
- Publish metrics dashboards and executive presentations. Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in sophisticated data sets
- Develop processes, tools, and templates to enable efficient, accurate and standardized data analyses and related deliverables; leverage automation to the greatest extent possible. Develop and implement data collection systems.
- Ensure consistency and accuracy of information and reporting by identifying issues and fluctuations with core metrics/key performance indicators (KPIs), facilitate changes
- Contribute to ensuring that all changes to reporting, processes, and procedures are reflected, appropriately documented and that consistency is maintained for team
- Develop work plans to meet deadlines, estimate completion dates, and communicate status.
- Work closely with management to prioritize business and information needs.
- Documentation of engineering designs, SOPs, FAQs, knowledge articles
- Demonstrate effective software development expertise and leadership
- Deliver solutions on-time with high bar of quality, and continuously improve automation.
- Ability to collect data from various tools using COTS APIs and other resources to process and analysis operational and management reports.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.