Posted on Apr 3, 2021 by eTeam Inc.
Job Title: Network Engineer
Location: Dublin, IRL
Job Type: 1 year contract with extension
- Design and Hands-on Implementation of customer network infrastructure (Cisco/Cisco Meraki WAN, LAN, WLAN)
- Create and maintain necessary documentation.
- Be the Client Architectural lead working with customers Architects and Engineers as the Trusted Partner in delivery of current workload and develop road-maps for future.
- Provide engineering support to enable Client to provide high quality services/solutions to our customers.
- Responsible for defining the strategy needed to enable delivery of complex projects.
- Manage the Deliverables on complex customer design and implementation projects.
- Pro-actively drive the development of the engineering role together with the other Design & Implementation engineers.
- Deliver BAU Change and Project workload.
- Matrix manage workload and deliverables for off shore partner engineering team.
- Fourth-level support for Operations as part of the Incident and Problem Management Process'.
- Technical knowledge & experience to Cisco CCNP or similar level
- Strong knowledge of Enterprise WAN solutions (MPLS, Internet, SDWAN, TCP/IP, IPSEC, BGP, QoS).
- Strong Knowledge LAN/WLAN solutions, Cisco Meraki would be beneficial but not essential.
- Basic knowledge of business processes (eg ITIL, Project Management) and the
- impact thereof on the technical environment.
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite & applications
- Knowledge of multiple vendor products beneficial.
- Fluent English communication skills both written and verbal.
- Proficiency in other major languages beneficial.
- 6 or more years' technical experience in design and implementation of large-scale customer networks.
- Experience within telecommunication organisation/International companies would be beneficial.
- Working at an ethical level that goes beyond mere compliance, but keeping in mind the needs of colleagues, customer and company at an integral level and basing decisions on those ethical principles.
- Experience and Affinity with working in a multi-cultural work environment. Affinity with working in an international company, with international customers, taking into account various time-zones.
- Ability to give guidance and coaching to other engineers as a technical level Excellent interpersonal, written communications and presentation skills
- Flexible work attitude, being willing to work irregular hours when required, but at the same time knowing how to set boundaries and find a healthy work-life balance
- Ability to cope with the politics of large company environments.
- Communication: Professional level of personal and business communication at levels from operational engineering to customer technical contacts.