Software Engineer - Data Science/AI
Posted on Apr 3, 2021 by Levy Associates Ltd
About the job
Are you passionate about cyber security, big data and artificial intelligence? Are you up for the challenge to drive an initiative through our innovation framework? If this triggers your attention, you are in the right place. Our client, the most innovative financial enterprise in the Netherlands, is currently working on a new initiative that will combine these domains into cutting edge solutions.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be the expert in your domain area and a key member of the team to support us in a new initiative starting from scratch.
You are passionate and at your best working to solve very hard problems with a small highly skilled team. You want to work in a startup with the backing of a large innovative bank. Your curiosity and vision drive you to build what has never been built before.
In the next few months, we are expected to bring this initiative to the next level and demonstrate a compelling story to the company's innovation fund. Along the way, key assumptions will be validated with the goal of creating a new start-up and later scale-up, inside or outside of the company. Delivery is key so as a seasoned engineer, your ability rapidly develop and deploy new software will help us achieve this short term goal; only the beginning of our ambitious journey.
A unique opportunity to work with graphs, high performant cloud computation, big data, machine learning and programming languages.
Technical Skills Required
- Strong Java, Kotlin (Server Side) or Scala skills
- Experience with at least two other languages
- Experience with a client-side JS framework
- Experience with graphs and advanced data structures
- Experience with databases, eg SQL, NoSQL and Hive
- Working independently and in a team
- Work flexibility that comes with a startup
- Advantage: Spark, Kuber netes or other relevant data engineering technologies
- Advantage: JVM internals
- Advantage: working on an open source project
- Passion about AI, Big Data and Innovation
- You are an entrepreneurial spirit - the status quo isn't good enough for you
- You are familiar working with Lean Start Up and Design Thinking
- You have an energetic, positive mind set and can-do mentality
Levy Associates Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.