Design Engineer_Telco Subject Matter Expert
Posted on Apr 3, 2021 by Michael Bailey Associates - Eindhoven
For a big client of ours we are looking for a Design Engineer/Subject matter expert.
Start: ASAP (max 1 months notice)
Duration: Until EOY + possible extension(s)
The digital transformation strategy of our client requires an increasingly flexible, agile and secure IT environment in order to enable best use of data, cloud services, personalization of user experience and connectivity of devices.
Keeping their business goals and user experience in the forefront, our client has taken the decision to insource or directly procure several connectivity services. By taking greater control over key aspects of connectivity they can provide their users with better user experience, speed and agility, while maintaining operational effectiveness and efficiency.
As a result, they are building a partially insourced and multi-vendor ecosystem for their connectivity products and services and will be developing new skills and capabilities.
Come join them on this exciting and ambitious journey.
This role is part of the Connectivity Portfolio team and specific to the Network Perimeter services, where our client and third-party users and applications need to be connected. Specifically, this role is critical in supporting projects with design engineering capabilities under the renewed model.
The design engineer is expected to be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) covering the application of telecommunications and network technology deployed across the Group. This covers all businesses, all location (offices, onshore plants, offshore plants, offices, trading floors, etc.) and various types of projects including capital projects and IT projects.
The purpose of the design engineer role is to participate in projects and deliver the network designs and implementations required based on defined standards.
The design engineer will be the key person in the project for all telecom and network elements.
The key Accountabilities are:
- Collect all requirements needed to produce the design by working with the project manager and relevant stakeholders
- Apply the standards defined to create a design with all relevant details 3. Document the solution working with the architects
- Develop a deployment strategy together with the project manager and create an implementation plan which leads to a successful deployment of the produced design
- Share knowledge and drive continuous improvement across the community
Requirements: For the services in scope:
- Collect and document requirements by specifying the needed functionality, all the non-functional requirements and all dependencies (eg cabling, construction or electrical work needed)
- Create a standards-based design produced and signed off by the design assurance team.
- Work with architecture & portfolio to update standards in specific cases
- Work with other designers to produce specific elements of the design requiring special knowledge
- Develop an implementation plan and testing strategy which is aligned with business readiness and IT delivery timelines
- Handover the design and implementation plan to the project manager and operations center for deployment and operations
- Share knowledge obtained and learn from others as part of a natural team across architecture, portfolio, design, network engineers, operations, and service management, amongst others.
- Provide hands on implementation and operational support as required.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.