Lead Security Vulnerabilities Engineer
Posted on Apr 3, 2021 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking a Lead Security Vulnerabilities Engineer. Candidate will lead the scanning of infrastructure and network devices, operating systems, databases, and wireless to detect vulnerabilities.
- Create custom scans and scan policies, tune settings for optimal performance and troubleshoot scan issues
- Provide enhanced vulnerability analysis and contextual feedback to stakeholders for discovered vulnerabilities or misconfigurations.
- Investigate false positive findings
- Report metrics for scan coverage and discovered misconfigurations
- Deploy, maintain, and tune scanners to meet current and future needs
- Troubleshoot issues with the scans, credentials, agents, policies
- Update scan zones to include new network ranges
- Develop custom audit scripts for automated monitoring of approved Baseline Security Configurations (BSC) for Servers, workstations, network devices, databases, etc.
- Work with platform SMEs to ensure accuracy and completeness for the BSC scans
- Design monitoring solutions for new and existing technologies to determine compliancy with published standards.
- Tune scan policies for accuracy and speed
- Generate innovative ideas and challenge the status quo
- Develop scripts, automations, tools, or methodologies to enhance the team's processes and capabilities, and reduce toil
- Create/update runbooks and SOP documentation
- Participate in and actively support mentoring with other members of the team, and mentoring less experienced staff
- 8-10 years hands-on experience, working with security tools and performing vulnerability, and compliance scanning
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent work experience
- Must have expert knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems, and cloud technologies
- Must have advanced knowledge in networking and databases
- Must have solid understanding of deploying and maintaining scanning infrastructure
- Must be proficient with Scripting languages - Python, Bash, PowerShell
- Experience leading projects and initiatives
- Preferred certifications: CISSP, AWS/GCP/Azure