Site Reliability Engineer - SRE
Posted on Apr 3, 2021 by Next Ventures Ltd
Duration: 12 Months - renewable
Role and Responsibilities:
- 15+ years experience in Systems Engineering, DevOps or SRE roles running large scale infrastructure, cloud or web services
- Strong skills in Java and/or Python.
- Experience with TCP/IP and socket programming
- Demonstrable track record of dealing with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, handling escalations
- Proficiency in any one modern language like Java, Python, Bash/Shell, Ruby
- Familiarity with infrastructure automation tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Jenkins, Terraform
- Linux systems knowledge, including strong system administration skills
- Familiarity with several of the following technologies: Infrastructure-as-a-Service (AWS/Azure/Google Cloud), CI/CD systems (TeamCity/Jenkins), Docker, Linux (Oracle Linux/RedHat), RESTful APIs, log analysis tools, debugging tools.
- Strong team player with outstanding communication, organization, and interpersonal skills.
- Comfort with complex, rapidly evolving software development environments.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Ability to drive, follow, and evangelize cross-team processes.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Experience using distributed source code management systems such as Git.
- Experience using ticket tracking systems such as JIRA.
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams.
- Preferred: Experience in startups or fast-paced enterprise technology development environments.