Middleware DevOps Engineer/OpenShift
Posted on Apr 3, 2021 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking a Middleware DevOps Engineer with OpenShift experience. Candidate supports the Infrastructure, systems, and automation responsible for Middleware and microservice application delivery within the core infrastructure. This role involves handling requests for new or updated services and applications as well as operational remediation and troubleshooting of incidents and problems within the Middleware technical domain. Additionally, this person participates as part of a technical team responsible for the overall support and management of the Middleware domain and additionally contributes on projects in which they are required to with multi-functional teams in pursuit of a common goal.
- Install, configure, maintain, and deploy applications in an enterprise container platform (OpenShift, Docker, Cri-o, etc...) environments
- Partner with Engineers, Administrators, Architects, Developers and Project Managers to plan and implement applications to support business requirements.
- Utilize standard methodologies and provide recommendations to improve application and system performance required to meet agreed on SLA's
- Define, update and maintain system configuration documents and standards.
- Responsible for providing 24/7 on-call coverage on a rotating basis.
- Bachelor's degree in the Computer Science, Information Services, Mathematics, Engineering or related field or its equivalent in terms of experience is required.
- 4+ years of validated ability working with Enterprise-level container or virtualization platform application delivery systems (Docker, Cri-o, OpenShift, VMware, etc...) required.
- Experience supporting web-based delivery systems (Apache, IIS)
- The ability to understand and construct Firewall rules that securely enable the delivery of applications.
- Experience utilizing application monitoring tools (APM, App Dynamics, Dynatrace, etc...)
- Experience working with key office automation tools such as Visio, PowerPoint and Word.
- Experience supporting Web Services API Standards, Tools and Technologies
- Experience developing automation scripts and tasks to drive efficiencies
- Experience working with Automation and configuration management tools (Ansible, Terraform, etc...)
- Experience designing and managing complex systems
- Experience developing change, version, and configuration control management systems.
- Experience working with DevSecOps tools, practices, and methodologies
- Experience working with Agile and Scrum project methodologies