GRC Specialist Senior
Posted on Apr 3, 2021 by Request Technology
A prestigious company is on the search for a GRC Specialist Sr. This person will responsible to respond to security assessments and audits from clients and third party business partners. The GRC Specialist will work with technical writing for policies, standards, and communications, while also having a good understanding of security frameworks such as ISO 27001, NIST, SOC, and SIG. The client wants someone with certifications such as CISSP and CISA. They are also looking for someone with 3 or more years of experience working with GRC.
- Respond to security assessments, questionnaires and audits from clients and third-party business partners in a timely manner. Document and perform assessments as needed.
- Technical writing for policies, standards and communications. Lead in the creation and maintenance of security policies, standards, processes guidelines and support documentation.
- Lead, evaluate, and supports the processes necessary to assure that Information Technology (IT) systems meet the organization's cybersecurity and risk requirements.
- Ensures appropriate treatment of risk, compliance, and assurance from internal and external perspectives.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for Information Security consulting to technical/non-technical management and staff.
- Manage and support the 3rd Party Security Vendor Risk Management program and life cycle.
- Manage the exception request process and consult as needed.
- Lead the Security Awareness program. This includes roadmap development, measurement, and evaluation of cyber training/education courses and methods based on instructional needs.
- Management and support of the GRC technology platforms.
- Conduct evaluations of an IT program or its individual components to determine compliance with published standards.
Education, Work Experience, Skills
- Bachelor's degree or five (5) years of work experience in IT Security is required.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), or other relevant training and certifications are preferred.
- Strong knowledge on Security frameworks and technologies such as ISO 27001, NIST, SOC, SIG is required
- Prior IT Security experience in the legal industry experience is preferred.
- Technical writing experience is required. Experience with instructional content, educational writing, and technical writing strongly preferred.
- Four (4) years of Information Security experience required. Those containing hands on technical experience are preferred.
- Three or more years of experience managing timelines and being self-directed preferred.
- Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) tool management (Administrative and/or Engineering) is preferred.
- Client focus, including tact and diplomacy is required.
- Interview, gather, and understand content from subject-matter experts
- Maintain accurate records and manage client security and risk requests
- Ability to perform as primary Security Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- Ability to facilitate and lead project and vendor risk assessments with relative independence and provide guidance on secure design and operation.
- Ability to independently complete and assist in completing client security questionnaires and security assessments concerning the Firm's security program and controls.
- Demonstrate the ability to create and maintain security policy, standard, guideline and procedure documents.
- Broad awareness of and exposure to diverse security tools and their capabilities, including commercial and open-source options.
- Strong knowledge of risk management principles and practices.
- Strong knowledge of security administration and role-based security controls.
- Strong knowledge and use of GRC platforms.
- Knowledge of host and network-based anti-malware technologies.
- Knowledge of authentication technologies and interactions between diverse authentication platforms, both on-site and remote.
- Knowledge of client and server Firewalling technologies and capabilities.
- Knowledge of security event management (SIEM), event correlation and analysis technologies.
- Knowledge of data encryption technologies.
- Strong knowledge of Intrusion Detection and Intrusion Prevention technical capabilities.
- Knowledge of web filtering and email SPAM prevention techniques.
- Knowledge of vulnerability assessment and forensic investigations tools.
- Knowledge of mobile device security and Mobile Device Management solutions.
- Knowledge of Privileged Access Management technologies.