Splunk Engineer (Python, Java)
Posted on Apr 3, 2021 by RM IT Professional Resources AG
Splunk Engineer (Python, Java) vacancy for a globally operating Zurich based company in the banking sector.
- 3+ years of professional work experience in the environment of big data platforms including Splunk, SIEM and logs management
- Firsthand expertise in administrating and troubleshooting Splunk distributed environments and clusters
- Proficiency in analysing and interpreting log sources with the focus on Web proxies, Firewalls, Windows, Linux, Sysmon, EDR and other
- Familiarity with Linux administration, Bash scripts, troubleshooting and packaging including RPM paired with Knowledge of at least one programming language, Python or Java is desired
- Know-how of Splunk Enterprise Security together with experience in working in a DevOps or SRE team is a plus
- Proficiency in writing and using REST and SOAP APIs as well as working within a team using Agile methodologies is desirable
- Languages: English, fluent in written and spoken
- Observing, maintaining and enhancing the Splunk environment reliability as well as the quality of service
- Creating and testing solutions in a pre-production environment paired with documenting test results and designing and operating manuals for the solutions
- Providing assistance of Production operations together with performing code upgrades without supervision
- Carrying out occasional on-duty or after business hours work if necessary, regarding incident support
- Identifying and documenting best practices within their subject matter areas of expertise along with providing continuous process enhancement suggestion
- Being responsible for maintaining and documenting Standard Operating Procedures
- Building and preserving educational content as a key part of the engineering and user experience
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Does this Spark your interest? Then take the next step by sending us your CV as a Word document and a contact telephone number on which you are reachable during working hours.
Going the Extra Mile.
As a preferred recruitment agency for Swiss banks, international insurances, finance service providers, software and pharma companies, we acquire exciting positions since 1998 in Zurich, Bern, Basel and other regions in Switzerland every day.
Due to work permit restrictions we unfortunately can only consider applications from EU or Swiss citizens as well as current work-permit holders for Switzerland.
New to Switzerland? In case of a successful placement, we support you with:
- All administrative questions
- Finding an apartment
- Health - and social insurance
- Work permit and much more
Thank you for your interest. By applying, you give us the permission to internally store and process your data for the application process. We strictly comply with the applicable data protection laws.