(contract) Network Design Engineer
Posted on Apr 3, 2021 by Templeton and Partners
Templeton & Partners is currently working with a large commercial client in the Hague.
We are looking for an experienced Network Design Engineer
Initial 5 months contract with possible extension.
The design engineer is expected to be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) covering the application of telecommunications and network technology deployed.
This covers all businesses, all location (offices, onshore plants, offshore plants, offices, trading floors, etc.) and various types of projects including capital projects and IT projects.
The purpose of the design engineer role is to participate in projects and deliver the network designs and implementations required based on defined standards.
The design engineer will be the key person in the project for all telecom and network elements.
The key Accountabilities are:
1. Collect all requirements needed to produce the design by working with the project manager and relevant stakeholders
2. Apply the standards defined to create a design with all relevant details
3. Document the solution working with the architects
4. Develop a deployment strategy together with the project manager and create an implementation plan which leads to a successful deployment of the produced design
5. Share knowledge and drive continuous improvement across the community
For the services in scope:
Collect and document requirements by specifying the needed functionality, all the non-functional requirements and all dependencies (eg cabling, construction or electrical work needed)
Create a company standards-based design produced and signed off by the design assurance team.
Work with architecture & portfolio to update standards in specific cases
Work with other designers to produce specific elements of the design requiring special knowledge
Develop an implementation plan and testing strategy which is aligned with business readiness and IT delivery timelines
Handover the design and implementation plan to the project manager and operations center for deployment and operations
Share knowledge obtained and learn from others as part of a natural team across architecture, portfolio, design, network engineers, operations, and service management, amongst others.
Provide hands on implementation and operational support as required.