Posted on Apr 2, 2021 by E-Frontiers
RPG Developer x 4
18 month fixed term contract
Dublin City Centre
We're looking for a candidate with minimum of 4+ years' experience with RPG ILE application development to join our IT team working directly with an expert team of engineers who deliver technical solutions to the business. 18 months fixed term contract. Based in Dublin.
Successful candidate should demonstrate excellent software engineering skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with a variety of technologies to deliver high quality solutions on time. Working closely with our Software Practice Leads, Architecture and Product Management teams using Agile methodology.
- Creating quality code that meets business needs, follows agreed technical design and coding standards
- Understanding requirements of the business. Identifying/rectifying gaps in scope
- Liaise with Technical Leads/Architects for technical solution alignment throughout full SDLC
- Engagement with QA and Security teams
- Be the technical point of contact for team dependencies on other teams and external interfaces for integration
- Exercise strong software development leadership skills, including code reviews
- Make suggestions for design and implementation improvements and develop POC/experiments as part of the new features development or existing functionality upgrades.
- Maintain technical documentation and participate in knowledge transfer to peers
- A relevant 3rd level qualification and/or a minimum 4+ years IBM iSeries, RPG ILE, RPG/Free, CL, Web services, Query/400 development experience
- Demonstrated understanding of software development coding methods and best practices and applying these across development teams
- Ability to collaborate with cross functional teams
- Ability to work to tight deadlines whilst managing conflicting demands and priorities
- Experience with Insurance Underwriting applications, Insure90 (I/90), SQL, EDI and Jira would be an advantage
- Practical knowledge of workflow management applications, eg TIBCO iProcess; Print Solution applications, eg ISIS; change control applications, eg ROCKET ACMS
- Strong technical software experience in a mixed environment.