Development Manager - Battery Energy Storage
Posted on Apr 2, 2021 by Lewis Davey
This involves taking sites that have grid connections and land agreements in place, through to a fully consented projects ready for financial close. The successful candidate will be expected to take ownership and lead on all technical, commercial, and consenting aspects involved with project development.
The Development Manager will take responsibility for projects from acquired sites all the way through to project financial close and handover to the construction/delivery team.
Managing projects through all development processes including:
- Obtaining planning approvals
- Securing legal and commercial agreements
- Managing technical on and off-site designs
- Securing and maintaining electrical connections
- Obtaining relevant environmental permits
- Managing consultants, technology and connections suppliers
- Anticipating and mitigating development risk
- Budgetary and development program responsibility
- The individual must be a creative problem-solver with an ability to combine legal, planning, technical and commercial knowledge to ensure the successful delivery projects.
- A driven individual who has expertise and experience in the development of energy projects.
- A proven track record in obtaining planning consents and managing numerous projects simultaneously with a solid understanding of the energy development processes.
- Financial management experience - agreeing and managing budgets.
- An understanding and experience of property agreements relevant to developing energy projects.
- Exceptional professional communication and presentation skills, both written and oral.
- Comfortable in a dynamic, fast-moving environment.
- Persuasive and influential, able to get results from a matrix of resources.
- Very organized, with an ability to autonomously manage multiple projects at once.
- Ability to be assertive when appropriate.
- A passion for renewable energy, with the ability to multi-task and manage effectively and accurately in a deadline-driven, challenging environment.
Please note that we will endeavour to review your application within two weeks and, if there is interest in your candidacy, a Consultant will be in touch. Unfortunately, due to the significant amount of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback so if you have not heard from us within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest.
Lewis Davey specialise in recruiting talented people across Town Planning, Cleantech & Sustainability and Environmental industries.