Voice Infrastructure Engineer (Broadsoft)
Posted on Apr 1, 2021 by Recruit 121 Limited
Know your AS from your NS?
Excellent opportunity for a Voice Infrastructure Engineer (Broadsoft) in a growing tech/
telecommunications company based in Cardiff.
These are exciting times for my international client who has continued to grow through the last 6 months at a rapid rate hence the need for this Voice Infrastructure Engineer. They have an excellent culture focusing on both personal and technical development and career progression.
The Engineering Department is responsible for the design, installation, configuration and ongoing maintenance and availability of various hosted UC and voice solutions with associated infrastructure.
The Voice Infrastructure Engineer will be directly responsible for supporting the entire life cycle of customers using our BroadWorks based voice solutions. This will include the implementation of new solutions for customers and ongoing support and maintenance of the platforms.
The successful candidate will be required to join customer facing meetings and act as an SME/
consultant for new voice implementations and complex changes.
- Configure, manage, and maintain multiple BroadWorks platforms internationally.
- Systems administration of BroadWorks; Ensursing security and availability of the services.
- Configuration, maintenance, and support of Session Border Controllers.
- Capture customer technical requirements and work with architects and project managers to build appropriate solutions.
- Ensure successful handover of technical solutions from project/deployment phase to BAU support teams.
- Provide escalated 3rd/4th line support for Broadworks and SIP.
- Attend customer discovery/qualification calls to support the development of implementation or change plans. Consult with the customer on best practise and provide SME level guidance and support.
- Responsible for overall plan and execution for post sales customer implementation/migration.
- Collaborate with Junior engineers to develop their skills and ensure flawless project execution.
Skills & Qualifications
- 3+ years' experience with Cisco BroadWorks Broadsoft
- 3+ Years' experience with Session Border Controllers, Oracle is distinct advantage.
- 3+ years technical experience in a complex Voice environment design, build and support.
- Expert level experience maintaining and supporting Cisco UC-One and Broadsoft is required.
- Any experience of Broadworks M6 platform would be of interest.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to coordinate multiple projects and resources towards a common set of objectives
- Experienced consulting skills to complement technical acumen
- Bulk provisioning of end-user devices such as Polycom, Yealink etc.
- BroadWorks Certified Network Engineer - Professional
- BroadWorks Certified Network Engineer - Specialist
- BroadWorks Certified Operations Engineer - Professional
- BroadWorks Certified Operations Engineer - Specialist
- Virtualisation via VMware or Hyper-V
- Scripting and automation skills; ability to identify areas for automation and develop solutions.
- Knowledge of current IT challenges/initiatives (eg Cloud, Virtualization, SDN, Mobility, BYOD, UC)
If you are interested in hearing more about this opportunity then please send me your CV ASAP This role is ideally looking for an immediate start but will wait for the right person.
- Network Infrastructure
- Cisco VoIP
- Voice Technology