Posted on Apr 1, 2021 by Recruit 121 Limited
Excellent opportunity for a remote working Application Engineer in a growing tech/telecommunications company based in London & Cardiff. This role is to work remotely
These are exciting times for my international client who has doubled in size in the last 2 years, hence the need for this new Application Engineer to join their growing Engineering department. They have an excellent culture focusing on both personal and technical development and career progression.
The Engineering Department is responsible for the design, installation, configuration and ongoing maintenance and availability of various hosted UC and voice solutions with associated infrastructure.
The Applications Engineer will be directly responsible for supporting the entire life cycle of a customers using our voice solutions, from the implementation of new solutions for customers to ongoing support and maintenance. The successful candidate will be required to join customer facing meetings and act as an SME/consultant for new voice implementations and complex changes.
- Configure, manage, and maintain voice solutions using Skype for Business/Microsoft Teams/Zoom/Webex.
- Carry out user migrations and configure interoperability with customer IP PBX, ATA's and associated devices.
- Configuration, maintenance, and support of Session Border Controllers.
- Capture customer technical requirements and work with architects and project managers to build appropriate solutions.
- Ensure successful handover of technical solutions from project/deployment phase to BAU support teams.
- Provide escalated 3rd/4th line support.
- Attend customer discovery/qualification calls to support the development of implementation or change plans. Consult with the customer on best practise and provide SME level guidance and support.
- Responsible for overall plan and execution for post sales customer implementation/migration of Skype for Business and other Unified Communications Voice and Video platforms.
- Collaborate with Junior engineers to develop their skills and ensure flawless project execution.
Skills & Qualifications
- Experience of technical migrations from Legacy/alternative voice products to Skype/Teams/Zoom/Webex.
- Experience of implementing and supporting Skype for Business Server (with Enterprise Voice), Online and Hybrid; Teams with Direct Routing.
- Building and managing Session Border Controllers. Oracle/AcmePacket & Cisco CUBE experience preferred.
- Systems Administration skills in Windows Server, Clustering, Active Directory, Hyper-V/VMware, SQL Server.
- Scripting and automation skills; ability to identify areas for automation and develop solutions.
- Bulk provisioning of end-user devices such as Polycom, Yealink etc.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to coordinate multiple projects and resources towards a common set of objectives
- Experienced consulting skills to complement technical acumen
- Knowledge of current IT challenges/initiatives (eg Cloud, Virtualization, SDN, Mobility, BYOD, UC)
- Professional vendor level certifications preferred: MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCITP, MCTS
This role is remote working with the requirement to be in the office for specific meetings as and when required. The company has offices in both London and Cardiff.
If you are interested in hearing more about this opportunity then please send me your CV ASAP This role is ideally looking for an immediate start but will wait for the right person.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£30k - £30k Annual
£35k - £35k Annual
£300 - £350 Daily
£450 - £550 Daily
£50k - £75k Annual
£450 - £500 Daily
£450 - £500 Daily
£70k - £75k Annual
£30k - £40k Annual