Payroll - Senior Payroll Specialist
Posted on Apr 1, 2021 by Cincinnati Insurance Company, Inc.
Make a difference with a career in insurance
At The Cincinnati Insurance Companies, we put people first and apply the Golden Rule to our daily operations. To put this into action, we're looking for extraordinary people to join our talented team. Our service-oriented, ethical, knowledgeable, caring associates are the heart of our vision to be the best company serving independent agents. We help protect families and businesses as they work to prevent or recover from a loss. Share your talents to help us reach for continued success as we bring value to the communities we serve and demonstrate that Actions Speak Louder in Person®.
If you're ready to build productive relationships, collaborate within a diverse team, embrace challenges and develop your skills, then Cincinnati may be the place for you. We offer career opportunities where you can contribute and grow.
Start your journey with us
Our Payroll department is currently seeking
a senior payroll specialist to perform payroll, tax and accounting duties to support the Payroll department.
Starting salary\: $60,000.00-$70,000.00
Be ready to\:
- test tax and software updates for People Soft HR in test environment before it moves to production
- update ADP with new tax localities, rate changes, research tax notices, quarterly balancing between ADP and People Soft reports and annual People Soft and ADP W2 processing
- create accounting journals, reconcile general ledger and payroll transactions
- overall knowledge of bi-weekly payroll processing - including balancing timecards, payroll changes, run reports and organize information from other departments
- conduct weekly data audits, resolve payroll issues and correct errors accordingly
- run reports to support business needs
- run reports, create queries and audit payroll data
- take on special projects as requested
- ensure compliance with internal pay policies and practices
- answer associates payroll questions and facilitate timely resolutions to discrepancies
- accurately process detail-oriented work
- work overtime as needed
- minimum 7 years' experience with in-house payroll for large corporation
- ADP tax processing experience for multiple companies, states and localities
- strong knowledge of payroll software and payroll processing to test software updates
- accounting knowledge to accurately process payroll transactions in the general ledger
- the ability to efficiently organize workload and adapt quickly to change
- strong work ethic and team player
- the ability to work independently and proactively in a time sensitive environment while using good judgment
- strong attention to detail and confident decision making skills
- the ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- proficient in Microsoft® Excel
- high degree of professionalism with all levels of associates
- strong verbal and written communication skills
- strong decision-making, problem-solving and analytical skills
- certified Payroll Professional designation or Fundamental Payroll Certification
- bachelor's degree in accounting
- knowledge of PeopleSoft HR
Your commitment to providing strong service, sharing best practices and creating solutions that impact lives is appreciated. To increase the well-being and satisfaction of our associates, we offer a variety of benefits and amenities. Learn more about our benefits and amenities packages.
Embrace a diverse team
As a relationship-based organization, we welcome and value a diverse workforce. We grant equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race; creed; color; sex, including sexual orientation; religion; national origin; age; disability; or any other basis prohibited by law. Learn more about the Federal Employment Notices.