Project Development Manager - distributed energy solar/storage
Posted on Apr 1, 2021 by Igloo3
Project Development Manager - distributed energy (solar / storage) multiple hires. Competitive base salary to 80,000 + bonus + car allowance & attractive benefits.
These are important new roles for a vertically integrated energy firm with significant capital allocated to drive solar and storage projects in the UK - they're rapidly growing their entrepreneurial distributed energy team, so it's an exciting time to join.
We're looking for very experienced professionals to lead and manage a team as well as senior and more junior project developers too.
These roles are focused on originating and developing project pipelines in distributed solar PV and battery storage assets, with project sizes typically upto 50 MWs - a mix of grid connected and private wire projects.
You will therefore bring experience in originating, qualifying and developing distributed power and energy projects in the UK, and a track record in managing partnerships and supply relationships. It is essential that you bring experience in the solar and flexibility sectors and deal experience.
You will be responsible for originating project opportunities, conducting due diligence on projects and delivering value to the business by progressing the best opportunities through development and governance milestones.
Essential skills experience
* Proven experience in business development and project development in the energy sector: power / gas / carbon markets, planning and permitting, grid connections, land agreements.
* Strong commercial acumen to identify commercial opportunities and risk and to understand and deliver the requisite business model structures in conjunction with the commercial and finance team.
* Good knowledge of the energy and power markets, and related policy and regulatory regimes in the UK
* Expert knowledge and development experience in the distributed energy market and the needs of the Industrial and Commercial sectors
* A good understanding of related commercials, legals, power project economics, corporate finance, M&A transactions and asset acquisitions.
* Ability to work with technical and economic concepts in relation to distributed energy solutions
* Entrepreneurial, driven and flexible. Inquisitive and able to challenge convention and deliver results.
* Detail-oriented with excellent organisational skills and able to manage multiple conflicting priorities.
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate with different audiences and levels (MD and boards, clients, partners, down to junior team members)
* Right to work in UK
* For the most senior roles, experience of managing a small team.
There is some flexibility on location and currently most work is home based with travel to client sites as needed, however, there will likely be a requirement to attend the office (London preferably, Reading possibly) for team meetings up to twice a week.
Competitive base salary to 80,000 + bonus + car allowance & attractive benefits
Negotiable based on experience and value.