Head of ESG
Posted on Apr 1, 2021 by Acre
The successful leader will support and evolve ESG policy best practice at a portfolio level, all while further institutionalizing the function by supporting investment colleagues with the insights, methodologies and processes required to enable deepened ESG fluency across the group and further integration into all aspects of the investment life cycle.
This leader will also play a significant advisory role in driving ESG value creation in partnership with management teams and investment team leads.
Additional key initiatives will include:
* Spearheading the evolution of ESG policies and best practice across the firm
* Supporting the development of more bespoke sector specific ESG diligence frameworks
* Establishing and standardizing more consistent and robust data collection and reporting across the full portfolio
* Supporting and influencing new product development
* Establishing and driving portfolio level climate impact measurement and policy as well as influencing best practice aroung measurement, reporting and goal setting at a portfolio company level
* Augmenting the firm's investment decision-making, by serving as an active contributor to the investment committee process
* Serving as a thought leader on industry and broader ESG trends, actively identifying partnerships, industry organizations and experts for the gtoup to partner with in order to further their efforts on ESG
The ideal candidate will be an environmental and socially conscious senior leader with a track record of developing policy and successfully collaborating with functional colleagues, investment teams as well as portfolio company management teams to facilitate and implement change.
Additional qualifications include:
* Demonstrated success in leadership roles, preferably in some combination of consulting, inhouse and/or investment fields.
* Expert in ESG with a strong policy/program background & track record of building and implementing strategy, ideally in private markets or infrastructure/heavy industry contexts.
* Proven global experience and an international perspective
* Strong executive presence and ability to engage with individuals at all levels
* Collaborative approach with the ability to influence strategy but also deliver implementation plans to success working across teams and partners to build consensus
* Entrepreneurial mindset
* Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree preferred