Senior Sustainability Consultant - Renewable Energy
Posted on Apr 1, 2021 by Lewis Davey
Our client, one of the leading Sustainability Consultancies in the UK is seeking a Strategic Senior Sustainability Consultant focused on the renewable energy market.
Ideally you will have climbed the ranks and gained relative exposure from inhouse or a general consultancy within sustainability.
Key responsibilities include the following:
Renewable Energy service development
- Leading the Renewable Energy strategy and sourcing offering, involving the development of a business plan, defining the services and how they will be delivered, and taking the offering to market.
- Managing the Green Energy procurement partnership with Open Energy Markets (which can be mobilised immediately with clients already interested).
- Working with the Net Zero for corporates and Net Zero for buildings teams to implement renewable energy sourcing options, including PPA's.
- Scaling consultancy services through effective resourcing, developing processes and coaching the team.
- Service delivery
- Leading strategic projects with clients to build and implement ambitious renewable energy roadmaps that enable clients to transition to net zero
- Implementing renewable energy roadmaps, providing advisory services to enable clients to source renewable power across their global portfolios.
- Client relationship management
- Relationship building with multiple individuals in large and complex clients
- Programme management of client delivery with a focus on quality and timeliness
- Business development to expand our work with key clients and drive growth of the company
- Communication and people
- Empathy, intuition and influencing skills to draw out priorities, consolidate thinking and get buy-in to the proposed route forward
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to lead workshops
- Managing and supporting colleagues with personal development
What you will need
- 5 years+ relevant experience in climate change related work
- Consultancy experience
- Working knowledge of the global renewable energy market, the sourcing mechanisms and models available to global corporates (including EAC's and PPA's), and the credible players
- Preparing financial analysis, reports, presentations and papers on renewable energy roadmaps
- Developing renewable energy roadmaps and setting renewable energy targets for large and complex companies
- Managing the implementation of renewable energy sourcing strategies on behalf of clients
- Technical knowledge relating to our strategy services (ESG disclosure, GHG calculation and reporting, sustainability strategy, science-based targets)
- Project and programme management experience
- Preparing reports, presentations and papers on sustainability programmes
If you could be interested in this opportunity please apply today or get in touch to have a confidential chat in regards to the role.
Please note that we will endeavour to review your application within two weeks and, if there is interest in your candidacy, a Consultant will be in touch. Unfortunately, due to the significant amount of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback so if you have not heard from us within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest.
Lewis Davey specialise in recruiting talented people across Town Planning, Cleantech & Sustainability and Environmental industries.