Project Manager - Energy and Grid Connection Advisor
Posted on Apr 1, 2021 by Lewis Davey
We are seeking a Project Manager focusing on energy concepts and grid connection advisory for our client a fast growing energy practice.
They are looking for a project manager to lead around energy concept evaluation and grid connection optimisation. You will be working with a small team to grow this line of business with clients ranging from data centre to large commercial real estate and grid scale storage developers. the clients projects are primarily in the UK, with occasional opportunities around the EU.
Your role will involve:
- Advising clients on energy concept economics and sustainability in the context of their new developments
- Producing and delivering connection business cases: understanding value of distribution assets and providing recommendations to clients on ownership of distribution assets, boundaries, and tariffs
- Using understanding of grid economics and energy fundamentals to assess the business case of wider energy concepts, e.g. embedded generation, storage
- Supervising the work and development of junior team members (two direct reports and other temporary resources)
- Managing all aspects of the client relationship from project framing to delivery
- Contributing to the firm's thought leadership, developing new ideas and research supporting service innovation
- Participating in business development efforts, from client presentations to proposal developments and pitches
- Good understanding of the energy value chain, technologies, and strategic shifts triggered by the energy transition.
- Experience with energy development projects: design, planning, project execution and asset commissioning.
- Deep understanding of economics of embedded energy concepts and grid connections. Familiarity with all aspects of grid connections: distribution tariffs, deregulated approaches and providers
- 3+ years of experience in client facing advisory and project management roles
- A team player with entrepreneurial spirit, commercial mindset and self drive
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytical and conceptual problem solving, and comfort with quantitative analysis
Desired qualifications - either would be a plus:
- Experience with grid scale energy storage
- Experience with demand side response
- Experience with renewable energy permitting
- Experience with large commercial real estate energy concepts
What to Expect?
- Access to experienced Partners
- Hands on responsibilities
- Full freedom to share and push your ideas
- Tons of autonomy and complete flexibility on where and when you work
- On the job coaching and training
If you could be interested in this role then please get in touch or apply for more information.
Please note that we will endeavour to review your application within two weeks and, if there is interest in your candidacy, a Consultant will be in touch. Unfortunately, due to the significant amount of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback so if you have not heard from us within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest.
Lewis Davey specialise in recruiting talented people across Town Planning, Cleantech & Sustainability and Environmental industries.