School survey data collector
Posted on Apr 1, 2021 by Mattinson Partnership
We are MP Smarter Travel, a growing sustainability consultancy. We are looking for a School Survey Data Collector on a fixed-term contract from approx. 1 April 2021 to 30 July 2021. As work will be delivered remotely (work from home) we are open to applicants from anywhere in the UK.
There are two projects across four London local authorities:
1) Travel-to-school mode data collection
London authorities need to understand how children travel to school (car, cycle, walk, etc.) in order to inform transport policies, budgets and initiatives. The role consists of collecting this data from schools in a timely and accurate manner. This will involve contacting schools, identifying the right contact person, explaining the survey, providing survey documents, and following up with schools to ensure they survey their classrooms and send you the results. You will also be responsible for quality checking and collating data. We have commissions to survey every school in three London local authorities.
2) Healthy School Streets review
School Streets are timed restrictions to motor vehicle traffic on streets adjacent to schools. They provide a safe and low air pollution environment for children and other pedestrians/cyclists. The role will consist of conducting telephone interviews with schools to understand their views about the scheme. You will also collect and analyse data from parents and local residents. You will be responsible writing reports summarising survey findings.
We have clear and measurable commitments to our clients, and you will be responsible for achieving required outcomes within the duration of the contract. As part of this, you will maintain detailed logs of calls and e-mails out, and the latest progress with each school.
You will have the support of a line manager who will provide training, review work and be available to answer your questions.
Key skills and experience:
* Strong and proven background in delivering surveys or questionnaires / collecting data from members of the public (essential)
* Experience in high-volume outbound telephone calls and excellent telephone manner (essential)
* Ability to communicate via phone and e-mail in a confident and persuasive manner, including getting past 'gatekeepers' (essential)
* Strong written communication skills (essential)
* Delivering work under time pressure constraints and achieving strict targets (essential)
* Self-motivated and able to work autonomously (essential)
* Highly organised with strong attention to detail (essential)
* Good knowledge of MS Excel (basic maths functions and formatting)
* Experience working with schools (desirable)
To apply, please send your CV along with a brief cover letter explaining:
* your current work situation and available start date
* a brief summary of your experience in a) delivering surveys; b) outbound telephone calls; and c) achieving strict targets within tight timescales
Feel free to call for an informal conversation prior to applying. The contact is Arun Khagram, Head of Consulting - .