Graduate Engineering Geologist / Geotechnical Engineer
Posted on Apr 1, 2021 by Mattinson Partnership
Due to continued growth within the Geotechnical and Environmental team, one of the largest engineering consultancy partnerships in the UK is looking for an ambitious and motivated graduate or intermediate level engineer to join their team in Aberdeen.
Role & Company:
In this role, you will have the opportunity to develop within a multi-disciplinary consultancy and be exposed to a range of development projects, including rail infrastructure, highways, commercial, residential, industrial and leisure developments. You will be responsible for the design and implementation of Preliminary Risk Assessments and Intrusive Ground Investigations, with a good knowledge of soil and groundwater sampling methods, soil and rock logging standards, intrusive ground investigation techniques and geotechnical and environmental laboratory testing. With the support of geo-environmental senior staff, you will provide consideration of geo-environmental ground investigation scoping and generic risk assessment. You will be responsible for interpretative report writing, specifically within earthworks, foundations, slope stability, ground improvement and soil & rock engineering issues.
Graduate level engineers will have the opportunity to develop and grow within this role and intermediate level engineers will be expected to fulfil these responsibilities with the support of senior team members.
Qualifications & Experience:
To be successful in this role, you will have:
* A good degree in Geology or Civil Engineering
* A MSc in Geotechnics, Engineering Geology or Geotechnical Engineering (beneficial but not essential)
* Proficiency in using the Microsoft Office Suite, knowledge of AutoCAD, ArcGIS, RocScience (Slide, RocFall), gINT software and Oasys (pDisp, Xdisp) would be advantageous
* Excellent verbal and written communication ability and time management skills
* Intermediate level engineers are expected to be working towards Chartered status
* Strong report writing capabilities
If you have the suitable skills and experience, please apply directly or for further information get in touch with Ben Quilter on
Engineering Geologist - Geotechnical Engineer- Geology - Civil Engineering - Preliminary Risk Assessments - Intrusive Ground Investigations - AutoCAD - ArcGIS - RocScience - Oasys - Aberdeen