Commercial Analyst - solar asset management, London, UK
Posted on Apr 1, 2021 by Igloo3
Commercial Analyst - solar asset management, London, UK, competitive base salary + eligibility for discretionary annual bonus
This is a crucial role with a leading solar energy asset management firm based in Central London.
The firm is very successful and growing, they operate a fleet of utility scale solar energy power plants for asset owners across the UK and in international markets.
The work environment is international, fast paced, hard-working and the company offers excellent opportunities for personal development - the office is in the heart of the West End.
It is a broad commercial role with a regulatory and contractual focus, in which a technical or commercial background within renewables would be highly advantageous.
It is a permanent, full time role, starting as soon as possible and reporting to the Commercial Manager.
The successful candidate will either be based in the HQ in London Mayfair office or able to travel to their offices there on a regular basis (at present, due to the ongoing impact of COVID-19, most of the employees are working successfully from home).
Your main tasks will be:
* Maintaining solar plant compliance with contracts and regulatory requirements including drafting and issuing formal notices/communications, and if required, investigating noncompliance and resolution,
* SPV contract renewals and tendering,
* Assisting with company's regulatory interface including monthly data submissions, requests for information and supporting Ofgem audits/pre-audits,
* Supporting insurance renewals and claims; supporting the monthly revenue accruals process, when necessary; supporting the company's in-house 'onboarding' process for new sites with a specific focus on understanding contracts; company's bespoke contract management software; supporting the creation of respective Onboarding Report and Operating Plans,
* Updating and continue development of the company's in-house Asset Management Platform (AMP) software as required, working with the other international Commercial teams and when necessary, with the in-house Technology team,
* Reporting to the client and internally and externally as required.
* Approving contractual invoices.
* Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Awareness
* Ad hoc commercial projects.
We are looking for a confident, high calibre operator, comfortable in a fast paced, high intensity environment.
You're able to communicate clearly and concisely within the Commercial team and work alongside the Finance and Technical teams plus other stakeholders at all levels of the business.
You have a systematic, highly organised approach to work with a pleasant but results driven attitude.
You will be accurate, have attention to detail and results orientated, solution focused, with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with tight deadlines.
You can work well on your own but enjoy the interaction with others, enjoy leading projects and be able to do so virtually, across geographies when required.
You are able to develop and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels and you enjoy supporting and mentoring more junior team members
* Minimum 2 years in a similar level role
* Bachelors' degree minimum
* Regulatory and contract knowledge and experience
* Fluent in English and fluency in a second language (e.g., Spanish, Italian, or Portuguese) would be an advantage
* Advanced standard MS Office suite, notably Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
* Strong organisational, change management and business process skills
This role is offered on a fully employed basis, with a competitive base salary (negotiable based on experience and value) and possibility for discretionary annual bonus