Contracts Manager (FAC)– solar asset management
Posted on Apr 1, 2021 by Igloo3
Contracts Manager (FAC)- solar asset management. London, UK (home based), competitive salary
This is a great opportunity for a solar professional with experience in O&M and EPC contracts, technical and commercial skills, to manage the FAC process for a leading solar asset management firm.
The Contracts Manager (FAC) will ensure that solar PV projects in the UK and internationally are diligently managed through the in-house FAC process. In time, it is envisaged that the role will also support construction sites moving into operations so there's exciting growth potential in the job.
The role will encompass the following, although this may vary according to business needs:
* Review and management of Engineering, Procurement & Construction (C;EPCD;) and Operations & Maintenance (C;O&MD;) contracts, associated obligations and commercial discussions relating to progressing and closing Final Acceptance Certification (C;FACD;).
* Identification and resolution of plant defects including:
o Managing and working with Technical and Planning/Property advisors (C;TAsD;).
o Communicating defects to EPCs by issuing Defects Notices with legal support in accordance with the EPC contract.
o Leading discussions with EPCs and stakeholders, sometimes on contentious matters, to negotiate resolutions
o Managing Warranty Bonds and associated claims.
* Ensuring a complete suite of plant documentation by managing data rooms, identifying missing documentation key to achieving FAC and liaising with EPCs to gather missing documentation.
* Where relevant, completing relevant contractual/technical conditions to pass FAC
* Project management of plants through company's in-house FAC process
* Closure of post-FAC items, including working with EPCs and TAs, to complete outstanding items and subsequent release of any retentions and/or bonds held
* O&M contract management and invoicing when required
* Updating and continued development of the company's in-house Asset Management Platform (AMP) software as required.
* Supporting the company's in-house 'onboarding' process for new sites with a specific focus on understanding contracts and supporting the creation of respective Onboarding Report and Operating Plans and Annual Operating Plans.
* Ad hoc Commercial projects, including supporting Ofgem audits
* Travel within the UK will be required and potentially international travel in the future
* Minimum 1 to 2 years of experience in the field of renewable energy (preferably solar) and / or in similar level role
* Degree educated, minimum Bachelor's
* Excellent Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint, etc.
* Significant contract knowledge and experience
* Fluent in English and in a second language (e.g., Spanish, Italian, or Portuguese) would be an advantage
* Strong organisational, change management and business process skills
* UK market experience
Accuracy, attention to detail, team worker, analysis and problem solving, strong results orientation and management of multiple tasks simultaneously with tight deadlines. Proactivity, entrepreneurship determination and complete the profile of the subject sought. Ability to travel
Base salary (negotiable based on experience and value) and opportunity for career progression