Project Manager – EV & Grid Scale Battery Storage
Posted on Apr 1, 2021 by Igloo3
Project Manager - EV & Grid Scale Battery Storage, salary to 50,0000 rolling contract, Scotland, UK.
This is a great opportunity for Project Managers to apply their skills to the management of energy storage and electric vehicle projects across Scotland.
You'll work with a high growth, very well invested company established as a UK market leader in battery storage, with 73MW of operational grid- scale battery capacity and now a leading firm in the financing and provision of turnkey solutions for heavy duty electric vehicle fleets.
You'll take a range of projects from initial sales, through the development and construction cycle to client hand over - so very varied and interesting work.
* Lead projects from development and sales handover to client and O&M handover.
* Responsible for specific projects design, construction, commissioning incl. day-to-day project management.
* Responsible for ensuring that the site you are responsible for are operating in line with latest Health and Safety regulations
* Manages projects from inception to completion ensuring they are delivered on-time, within scope and budget and to the agreed design.
* Review all project documents and information provided by a client/sub-contractor throughout the design process
* Prepare a detailed project budget, which needs to be closely monitored throughout the life of the project
* Manages and supervises subcontractors' PoW and scope
* Responsible for ensuring that the site you are responsible for is operating in line with latest Health and Safety regulations
* Ensure appropriate availability and allocation of resources as well as prepare weekly, and monthly progress reports both internally and for clients.
* Capture and report on any budget variations internally
* Responsible for the handover of the project to the internal O&M team.
* Liaise with sub-contractors to get quotes, challenge them and identify risks to be managed as well as cost savings opportunities Identify opportunities
* 3+ years' experience in the construction of EV charging and/or EV and/or energy and/or storage projects
* Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel) and MS Project
* Fluency in English is essential
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Excellent planning and organizational skills
* Pragmatic, proactive and solution driven
* Ability to work under pressure
* Located in Scotland and able to travel to site from home base. Central belt would be ideal location.
A competitive remuneration package is available, based on quality and range of experience c. 40,000 - 50,000 (pro - rata). Very good opportunity for permanent position with substantial personal growth and an option to share in success of company (lucrative MIP scheme)