Renewable Energy Engineer - sales support
Posted on Apr 1, 2021 by Igloo3
Renewable Energy Engineer - sales support, salary to 37,500 plus bonus, + company performance bonus & share scheme South East England M23 / M25 (Gatwick // Crawley area)
We're looking for an engineer with commercial skills to help the business development team assess the technical and commercial viability of solar & thermal energy projects for commercial scale energy generation projects. You may also be an energy professional with a very strong technical affinity
You'll use your technical and commercial skills to make sense of energy consumption and demand data in commercial and industrial buildings including for flag ship international brands.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing UK renewable energy innovator helping high profile clients move towards a zero carbon future
They have created a whole new category of solar technology, combining the best of solar thermal and photovoltaics to deliver more energy in less space,
The role will give you the opportunity to work with high-profile clients and partners globally, collaborate with government and key industry players and play a key role in realising interesting and complex projects.
What the jobs involve - key tasks
* Build strong and lasting relationships with customers, helping them work towards a zero-carbon future.
* Understand customer needs and identify opportunities to deliver projects and cut carbon.
* Support customers in understanding the technical, commercial, reputational opportunities of the innovative technology.
* Conduct technical assessments of customers' portfolios and sites to establish the potential of solar technology.
* Prepare tender responses, proposals and quotations, negotiating contracts, terms and conditions.
* Provide customers with pre and post sales support.
* Assess quantitative impacts of energy prices, subsidies and other policies and other market conditions on the viability of projects strategy.
* Relevant training, experience and / or degree - probably minimum 2.5 years' post graduate experience.
* Experience of assessing energy projects and carbon saving opportunities within the built environment.
* A good understanding of the technical aspects of renewable energy and associated technologies.
* Strong analytical skills and ability to model solar projects and communicate the business case.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
* Exceptional customer relationship management skills.
* Critical thinking and decision-making skills with an ability to challenge the status quo.
Desirable skills / experience
* Strong consultative selling and negotiation skills, with the ability to develop compelling proposals.
* Ability to drive the sales process to close, with an entrepreneurial and results driven approach.
* A good understanding of building heat demand and heating solutions is highly desirable.
* An in depth understand of solar technologies generally, and solar thermal in particular is desirable (including assessing and sizing solar technologies).
* Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills
* Understanding the drivers behind tackling climate change and appreciation of the policy context.
* Passionate about working towards a sustainable future and tackling climate change.
Equality, Diversity & Culture
The client is committed to equality of opportunity and to eliminating discrimination. All employees are expected to follow the 7 expectations detailed below:
Champion a positive approach to change and opportunity
Encourage inclusive participation and eliminate discrimination
Communicate regularly and effectively within and across teams
Consider the thoughts and expectations of others
Deliver positive outcomes
Develop and grow skills and expertise
Work in a planned and managed way
Basic salary based on experience and value in the range to 37,500 + bonus and share scheme. We can also consider applications from very capable enthusiastic graduates with less experience for more junior positions.
Apply via Igloo3 renewable energy and infrastructure recruitment specialists