Posted on Mar 31, 2021 by CV-Library
We are seeking a Software Engineer to work for a successful electronics manufacturer in Heysham.
To help deliver customers with the best economical solutions for embedded systems (mostly ARM) and PC (Windows and Linux). The normal programming languages are C, C++, with Python or Perl for scripting. Useful skills / knowledge includes Qt, TCP/IP sockets, HTML5, image processing (OpenCV).
• Working well as part of a team
• Producing stable, reliable, readable C/C++, Python code
• Documenting test specifications and formal testing of software so as to satisfy internal QA requirements.
• Documenting completed work to satisfy internal QA requirements
• Producing task estimates to feed into the project planning
• Liaising with the customer and working with the team to define requirements and objectives
• Working to software standards and practice across the software department
• Reusing code
• Ensuring conformance with good OOO / structured design practices
Experience and Qualifications Required:
• A degree or equivalent qualification (relevant experience analogous to degree level education would count as an equivalent qualification) in Computer Engineering or related discipline.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in software test writing, software verification, coding in C/C++ and Python
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£35.3k - £50.8k Annual
£27.5k - £27.5k Annual
£44 - £44 Hourly