Posted on Mar 31, 2021 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Salary: $120k to $130k plus bonus
Location: Chicago, IL
Looking for a SQL Database Administrator with 5+ years SQL Server Administration and support. Ideal candidate will have SSIS/SSRS. 24x7 operational support SQL 2014 through 2019.
SQL Database Administrator
The Database Administrator II is responsible for the deployment, administration, and maintenance of all databases hosted on the Microsoft SQL Server platform. This person will work as a member of the firm wide database administration team which provides advanced Level 3 support for the SQL Server environment. They will investigate operational or systematic problems, provide resolution using advanced analytical skills and tools as necessary as well as be responsible for analysing database performance issues, recommending tuning changes to improve performance.
- Support, administer, and maintain development, test, and production environments.
- Work with project teams comprised of project managers, developers, application vendors, application engineers, and application users to provide DBA support for database deployments and upgrades.
- Create and maintain SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages.
- Review, deploy, and administer security for SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) reports.
- Troubleshoot server and database performance problems and identify solutions to resolve the problems.
- Administer SQL Server security and protect sensitive data.
- Adhere to the Firm's IT Service Delivery standards and Change Control processes.
- Adhere to the Firm's Security and Governance requirements across all administered applications.
- Develop and maintain troubleshooting, configuration, and integration documentation for administered systems.
- Function as a primary or backup DBA for assigned applications. Have a working knowledge of all database applications.
- Work with server engineers, storage engineers, and network engineers to resolve issues and prevent downtime.
- Provide 24x7 operational support. On-call support responsibilities are rotated among the members of the DBA team.
Education, Work Experience, Skills
- The Database Administrator II must have a BA/BS in computer science, related field, or equivalent experience with 5+ years' experience of Microsoft SQL Server Administration.
- The ideal candidate must have good judgment, problem-solving, oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, as well as the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and build positive working relationships. In addition, candidates must be self-motivated, organized, and able to multi-task and effectively prioritize competing demands.
- Database administration experience with SQL Server 2014, 2016, 2017, and 2019.
- Proficiency with Transact-SQL including the ability to write, debug, and maintain scripts, stored procedures, functions, and views.
- Experience configuring and maintaining replication, log shipping, and database mirroring.
- Experience installing and configuring SQL Server on virtual machines and stand-alone Servers.
- Experience developing SSIS packages.
- Experience optimizing and administering SSRS reports.
- A solid understanding of normalized database design and modelling.
- A working knowledge of Idera, RedGate, and SentryOne database tools.
- Proficiency with PowerShell Scripting.
- Experience with SSRS report development.
- Experience with setup and administration of Always On availability groups.
- Experience installing and configuring SQL Server on fail-over clusters.
- Microsoft SQL Server (Enterprise, Standard, & Express editions)
- Database Engine, Integration Services, Reporting Services
- Replication, Log Shipping, & Database Mirroring
- Microsoft Windows Server (Enterprise & Standard editions)
- Microsoft Fail-over Clustering
- SAN Storage
- Third-party SQL Server Tools & Utilities
- Microsoft Office (including Visio)
- Structured Programming or Scripting (eg PowerShell, VBScript)
- Visual Source Safe
- FTP & sFTP
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.