SQL Database Administrator
Posted on Mar 31, 2021 by Request Technology
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
A prestigious company is on the search for a SQL DBA. They are looking for someone who has 5+ years of experience doing SQL Server administration and support. They need to have experience working with SSIS and SSRS. They will be doing 24/7 operational support and need to have experience with SQL 2014 through 2019.
- Support, administer, and maintain development, test, and production environments.
- Work with project teams comprised of project managers, developers, application vendors, application engineers, and application users to provide DBA support for database deployments and upgrades.
- Create and maintain SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages.
- Review, deploy, and administer security for SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) reports.
- Troubleshoot server and database performance problems and identify solutions to resolve the problems.
- Administer SQL Server security and protect sensitive data.
- Adhere to the Firm's IT Service Delivery standards and Change Control processes.
- Adhere to the Firm's Security and Governance requirements across all administered applications.
- Develop and maintain troubleshooting, configuration, and integration documentation for administered systems.
- Function as a primary or backup DBA for assigned applications. Have a working knowledge of all database applications.
- Work with server engineers, storage engineers, and network engineers to resolve issues and prevent downtime.
- Provide 24x7 operational support. On-call support responsibilities are rotated among the members of the DBA team.
- The Database Administrator II must have a BA/BS in computer science, related field, or equivalent experience with 5+ years' experience of Microsoft SQL Server Administration.
- The ideal candidate must have good judgment, problem-solving, oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, as well as the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and build positive working relationships. In addition, candidates must be self-motivated, organized, and able to multi-task and effectively prioritize competing demands.
- Database administration experience with SQL Server 2014, 2016, 2017, and 2019.
- Proficiency with Transact-SQL including the ability to write, debug, and maintain scripts, stored procedures, functions, and views.
- Experience configuring and maintaining replication, log shipping, and database mirroring.
- Experience installing and configuring SQL Server on virtual machines and stand-alone Servers.
- Experience developing SSIS packages.
- Experience optimizing and administering SSRS reports.
- A solid understanding of normalized database design and modelling.
- A working knowledge of Idera, RedGate, and SentryOne database tools.
- Proficiency with PowerShell Scripting.
- Experience with SSRS report development.
- Experience with setup and administration of Always On availability groups.
- Experience installing and configuring SQL Server on fail-over clusters.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.