Posted on Mar 31, 2021 by Premier Physicians Centers
JOB TITLE: MEDICAL RECEPTIONIST
REPORTS TO: Office Manager/Physicians(s)
SUPERVISORY SKILLS: None.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greets customers in polite, prompt, helpful manner. Provides any necessary instructions/directions. Informs appropriate department/person of an arrival.
- Completes necessary paperwork such as encounter forms. Uses computer system to generate information necessary for billing.
- Updates patient information, collects co pays, provides any necessary forms needing completion, and obtains signatures as necessary.
- Maintains clean, orderly waiting area including reading materials.
- Answers phones in a pleasant manner and deals with customers needs expeditiously.
- Supplements office staff as reception tasks permit by assisting with photocopying, computer input/typing, scheduling work as directed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Hours for this position are as follows:
- Monday - Tuesday - Thursday- Friday 9am - 5pm
- Wednesday 9-1
- Saturday 9-1
EDUCATION: High school graduate or GED.
- Knowledge of reception tasks, clinic policies/procedures, paperwork.
- Knowledge of office equipment including phone, computer.
- Knowledge of customer service concepts and techniques.
1. Skill in using office equipment satisfactorily and handling paperwork/filing adequately.
2. Skill in customer service principles by creating a pleasant waiting room atmosphere.
1. Ability to communicate clearly in person and on the phone, and establish/maintain cooperative relationships with patients, families, physicians, staff and other customers.
2. Ability to organize and prioritize tasks effectively.
3. Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions. Can file correctly by alphabetical or numerical systems.
4. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
5. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, physicians and employees.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL: Sitting for up to 8 hours a day. Requires eye-hand coordination, finger dexterity. Vision must be corrected to 20/20 and hearing must be in normal range. Must be able to view computer screens for long periods. Occasional stress related to workload and customers with problems.
ENVIRONMENTAL/WORKING CONDITIONS: Office setting. Exposure to communicable diseases and other conditions common to the environment.
Equipment/Tools or special clothing required to perform the job:
1. Office Equipment
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.