Analyst - Power BI
Posted on Mar 30, 2021 by Intelligent Enterprise Products Limited
Performance Analyst - Power BI
Working arrangements: Remote WFH / on-site meetings as required
Position status: Off-payroll working rules apply (IR35 in-scope)
Location: South West
Security clearance: DV, although initially SC (must be held to start role) would be acceptable with the aim to acquire DV once onboarded. Sole UK nationality is required for this role.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 16 March 2021
Start Date (no later than): 13 April 2021
Cyber Mission Data-Alpha (CMD-A) shall improve the quality of Defence data, through new data structures to enable data exploitation through Machine Learning and Data Science. CMD-A will facilitate the delivery of new Cyber Insights upon data currently held and identify information to assist decision making whilst saving resource effort through automation.
The Power BI developer will work within the multi-disciplined Cyber Mission Data Alpha team. This team consists of Authority Crown Servants, current contract supplier technical resource, and separately procured technical resource and fits within the current construct of the Data as a Service function, which forms part of the wider Defence Cyber Operations.
You will have a strong background in data and business analysis, be an excellent communicator and have an analytical approach.
You are expected to be highly skilled with the PowerBI application to develop, maintain and create dashboards based on the prioritised cyber use cases, to allow information to be clear and concise to support decision making at various tiers from Business through to tactical levels.
You will utilise new and existing processes providing data mapping and data analysis on a broad range of Cyber Data and visualise prioritised Cyber insights.
You will work closely with users/stakeholders to understand reporting requirements.
Essential skills and experience:
- Expertise at Development using Microsoft Power BI including DAX
- Proven experience as a BI Developer or Data Scientist
- Background in data warehouse design and data mining
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework
- Knowledge of SQL queries, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
- Skilled with a wide variety of data exploitation applications such as SPLUNK, and SQRRL
- Consulting and business analysis skills to understand client's requirements
- Experience in Agile delivery methodology
- Produce technical specifications
- Experience in Big Data platforms including HADOOP ecosystems
- Experience working as a Database Analyst or Database Developer
- Ability to programme in languages such as SQL, .NET, Python and Bash script
- Understand Data modelling and ETL concepts