Principal IT Auditors
Posted on Mar 30, 2021 by Salford City Council
Principal IT Auditors
Working Hours: Full time / Part time or Term time welcome
Grade: up to 4C (£42,821 depending on qualifications, skills, and experience)
Contract type: Permanent and Fixed Term Contracts
Closing Date: 8 th April
Location; Head office Salford Council Swinton, Salford. (Flexible location - office / home based - various client areas in Greater Manchester, Yorkshire, Merseyside, Cheshire, and Wales)
Salford Internal Audit Services based within Salford City Council, provide a high quality technical IT audit service for councils across Greater Manchester, Cheshire, Merseyside, Wales and Yorkshire; other clients include the Police, Transport Executive and the Housing Sector.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a number of Principal IT Auditors to join our well-established and expanding team. We are looking for somebody who is enthusiastic and experienced with strong technical, investigative, negotiating and influencing skills to provide a professional service to our clients. Travel will be predominantly across the North West. Candidates can enjoy the flexibility of managing their own workload, work from central offices, work from home and/or work out of specific locations across the region, depending on where they live. Workload will, where possible, be allocated within proximity to home aimed at reduced travel time to maximise work-life balance.
Our IT audits vary across clients and we are ideally seeking candidates with knowledge in infrastructure IT audits; application audits; information security; cyber security; PCI DSS Compliance; and/or project audit work.
Salford's values describe the personal qualities every employee is expected to demonstrate when carrying out their role. Putting the values in to operate across the whole organisation creates a supportive environment which allows us to be the best we can be. Our Spirit of Salford initiative highlight's our core values:
- the Pride of our commitment to our City,
- our Passion; resonated in our optimism and aspiration for the City,
- the respect and care for the People of Salford and;
- taking Personal Responsibility and ownership of our actions.
You will be welcomed into a friendly environment where your personal and professional development will be encouraged. You will have the opportunity to work and grow in a people-centred and values based organisation that promotes a positive permission culture. Your views matter so you will have the opportunity to shape how we do things through our Salford 100 employee group and our employee led redesign approach. Your work-life balance and wellbeing are important to us so you will have access to a range of benefits including flexible working, green travel scheme, pension scheme, salary sacrifice schemes, a range of health and wellbeing options to suit your needs. We are committed to developing a culture which respects people, appreciates difference and allows everyone regardless of background to reach their full potential. We are proud to be an accredited Disability Confident employer and a Stonewall Diversity Champion. We understand how hard it can be to combine caring for a loved one with work so we aim to provide support and flexibility to balance family and caring responsibilities with work
- Practical audit experience in risk and control based auditing desirable. Although IT professionals with a strong information security background considering a move in to IT audit will be considered.
- CISA/CISM/QICA, ISO27001 Lead Auditor or equivalent desirable.
- A good understanding of relevant standards for Information/Cyber Security and IT Service Management (e.g.ISO27001, NIST, NCSC and ITIL).
- Knowledge of Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS).
- Positive communicator, able to converse with technical and non-technical personnel.
- Investigative, problem solver and able to recommend practical solutions.
- An effective team member and able to work on your own initiative for end to end assignments.
- Client relationship management experience.
- Excellent time management skills.