Posted on Mar 30, 2021 by Humanics, LLC
We are managing the recruitment for our client, Lokring Techology LLC in Willoughby, OH. The CNC Programmer will create all CNC programs for product part machining, organize programs in a filing system and ensure updates and changes are recorded. Work together with other departments of the company and OEM (original equipment manufacturer) on optimizing CNC programs towards cycle time, robustness, and reliability.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Responsible for providing support to various areas of the organization as it relates to the production of Lokring product.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Create CNC programs for milling and turning (lathes) applications using standard programming language and/or OEM specific language.
- Use 3-dimensional computer designs (CAD models) and/or blueprints that define the configuration of the required component.
- Make calculations to determine where materials should be cut; define the best sequence of machining steps; and decide tools, speeds, feeds and fixtures to be used. Generate program code using computer-aided-manufacturing (CAM) software to capture these decisions.
- Run simulations of CNC programs to optimize cycle time, avoid collision, and increase stability using standard and/or OEM related tools.
- Test programs on respective machines to ensure a robust and reliable process. Conduct quality testing and correct/improve program code to increase efficiency, quality and safety.
- Establish and maintain computer filing system for CNC programs. Develop procedure to update and track CNC program changes.
- Implement procedure to regularly optimize and/or improve CNC programs together with manufacturing and tool crib attendant. Use simulations tools and OEM assistance as necessary.
- Communicate with other programmers, shop floor management, machinists/set-up and operators, engineering, and sales staff to achieve this. Assist with program problems encountered in the machining process.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Maintain equipment and work area in clean and orderly condition
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures
- Associates Degree in engineering technology (mechanical preferred; or electrical, industrial design) or related. Will consider a combination of education and experience.
- Prior experience operating CNC milling and lathe (turning) machines
- In-depth knowledge of 3D CAD (SolidWorks) and CAM software.
- Excellent computer skills including understanding of electronic file structures, MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint), and ERP systems (Macola experience a plus)
- Demonstrated ability to use standard programming language and/or OEM specific language
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to generate alternative ideas and/or methods towards machine optimization
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Geometric, spatial, and 3D understanding. Ability to read blueprints and other technical documentation
- Ability to read blueprints, drawings, and schematics
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks and meet deadlines
- Experience in an ISO quality environment helpful
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$45k - $45k Annual