Tool Crib Attendant
Posted on Mar 29, 2021 by Humanics, LLC
We are managing the recruitment for our client, Lokring Technology LLC in Willoughby, OH. The Tool Crib Attendant will organize and administer all tools used in the manufacturing process. Streamline setup processes by providing preset tools, including all data and documentation. Recommend and work with suppliers to optimize tooling towards functionality, durability and cost effectiveness.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Responsible for providing support to various areas of the organization as it relates to the production of Lokring product.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Preset tools for machine setups; provide tools, tool parameters and setup documentation in a timely manner.
- Issue tools and equipment to machine set-up operators/operators and maintains records of tools and equipment issued and returned, manually or using computer.
- Receive, store, and issue hand tools, machine tools, jaws, materials, and equipment as required.
- Support tool optimization towards functionality, durability and cost, together with CNC programming department, manufacturing and tool suppliers.
- Assist with tool problems in machining processes.
- Inspect and measure tools and equipment for defects and wear. Investigate excessive tool wear and breakage. Make recommendations to supervision and operators to optimize tooling.
- Keep tools clean and maintained in working order. Sharpen and calibrate tools as necessary. Repair, service, and lubricate tools and equipment.
- Determine tool demand, recommend tools and suppliers. Participate in the negotiation and purchase of tools. Maintain data on tooling use, costs and budget. Manage tool room.
- Establish min/max inventory levels within the tool crib and track inventory.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Maintain equipment and work area in clean and orderly condition
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures
- HS diploma or equivalent. Will consider a combination of education and experience.
- Experience in tooling for both CNC lathes (turning) and mills. Capable of presetting machine tools per setup layout sheet instructions. Machine set-up or Tool & Die experience a plus.
- Prior inspection background. Ability to use measuring instruments (ie micrometers and calipers) and comparator (optical tool set-up system) knowledge.
- Good computer skills. Knowledge of computer files/database management and demonstrated ability to use MS Office -Word, Excel, Access and Outlook. Ability to use ERP system.
- Strong communication skills. Ability to interact effectively with others to optimize tooling
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Ability to read blueprints, drawings, and schematics
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks and meet deadlines
- Experience in an ISO quality environment helpful