Accounts & Payroll Administrator
Posted on Mar 29, 2021 by CV-Library
Our client is a well-established, forward thinking group of companies based in Grimsby, providing quality products and services to a mix of industries, including private and commercial clients. Due to the expansion and forward-thinking direction of the group they are looking to recruit an Accounts and Payroll Administrator.
The primary purpose of this role will be to support the existing Accounts Administrator with day to day payroll and accounts duties.
* This position is being created to provide support to the existing Accounts Administrator reflecting the growth of the company and the need to increase resources in the finance function.
* The role will require the successful candidate to perform day-to-day transactional accounting tasks, ensuring that they are being processed accurately and in a timely manner.
* This role offers the successful candidate the chance to develop their accounting skills both at work and through recognised accounting studies.
* The role could start as a part time role progressing in time to a full-time position.
Responsibilities and Duties
* Calculation of payroll payments and commissions for the monthly payroll run.
* Liaising with divisional managers to collect and analyse accounting information.
* Day to day administrative tasks within the accounting function.
* Understanding and processing of sales and purchase ledger across the company.
* Willingness to assist companywide divisions with day-to-day tasks needed to ensure best practice and be part of the successful team.
* In depth understanding of supplier pricing, their invoicing and maintaining accurate controls to ensure all orders companywide are invoiced at the price expected and matching the price on the Warehouse system.
* All other duties as required.
Qualifications & skills
The successful candidate will show a general aptitude and demonstrable enthusiasm to take on and excel in new tasks. No specific qualifications are required however prior experience of the following will be advantageous.
* Experience of payroll processing.
* Demonstrate an understanding of basic accounting processes.
* Demonstrate a reasonable level of computer literacy including a good level of skill in MS Office programs such as Excel and Word.
* Some prior knowledge of Xero Accounts would be beneficial; however, training will be provided.
* The ability to get on with colleagues and work effectively as part of a small but close team.
* Great attention to detail is a must.
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now!
Appoint Consulting is a Recruitment Business having sought agreement from their clients to find candidates for these roles, in accordance with the Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations Act 2003