Solution Manager - Infrastructure - Dublin City Centre
Posted on Mar 29, 2021 by I.T. Alliance N.I. Ltd
A highly regarded International Financial Services & Fund Management Company based in the centre of Dublin has an immediate requirement for a Solution Manager - Infrastructure to lead a transformation project for the rollout of a workplace environment for 300 users across 7 sites globally, covering Desktop services, email services, file services, voice services, including office computing and networking.
This transformation project includes a parent company carve out, and the Solution Manager will be the single point of contact for the parent company in relation to the solution.
The Solution Manager Infrastructure will own the solution covering the business architecture, technology solution and the delivery model of the required solution. The Solution Manager will lead the development and execution of the solution to meet business requirements.
Responsibilities of Role:
- Own the solution Model and solution strategy, including outsourcing
- The Solution Manager will lead any required technical resources, including vendors and suppliers.
- Define the requirements for all internal and external service providers
- Communicate the solution model to all stakeholders and solution team members
- Ensure that the solution meets the overall transition principles and objectives
- Ensure appropriate Apex management sign off at required stages (CIO, CTO, COO)
- Work closely with the transition project management team to align the solution plan with the overall transition plan
- Manage all solution related assumptions, issues, and risks and ensures that these are cascaded to the project management team
- Ensure that the solution design remains flexible enough to accommodate changing requirements
- Ensure that the appropriate resources and skill sets are identified and are on boarded to the solution team
- Ensure that the solution is in line with existing technical standard, policies and procedures
- Ensure that the solution takes into account future Company growth and expansion plans
- Provide and maintain the cost model for the solution
- Co-ordinate input from resources, suppliers and contractors
- Manage all dependencies with other work steams (HR, Legal, Compliance etc)
- Report on the status of solution related deliverables
- Provide the solution deliverables within the specified time, budget and quality.
Essential Candidate Requirements
- At least 5 years' experience as an Infrastructure Architect
- Hold a degree or appropriate equivalent in Computer Science, IT or other related area
- Relevant Certifications - MSCE/MCSA, Azure Certification, ITIL
- Strong Architecture experience & Certification - Ideally in EA with certification in any of the following: TOGAF, Zachman Framework, Archimate, ITIL, COBIT
- Good Project management skills, ideally certified to PRINCE2, PMP levels
- Have verifiable experience working on an MS Azure based project
- Experience in leading technical teams in M&A projects with tight timelines
- Good technical understanding of desktop services, network services, and support services, and the ability to bring together components into an overall solution
- Good understanding of the market and what solution components can be outsourced.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- Ability to lead discussions with vendors to assess solutions and make decisions
- Ability to lead the delivery of some of the technical streams where required
Please Note - All applicants must have immediate availability to work in the EU/EEA or be a UK Citizen as our client cannot provide any kind of Visa or Work Permit sponsorship at present.
For more information on this role, please contact Níall by phone.
To apply directly, please sendcurrent CV along with brief cover letter to (see below)