Senior Employee Communications Manager
Posted on Mar 29, 2021 by Connect 44 AG
Our client, a well known Swiss company, is currently looking for a Senior Employee Communications Manager, to work in one of their projects based in Zurich - Switzerland.
Initial work will be remote due to COVID restrictions. Will be required onsite as soon as restrictions have been lifted.
- As Senior Employee Communications Manager, you will play a pivotal role in engaging and aligning employees with Business Unit (BU) strategies and must-wins, and in facilitating transformation and cultural change.
- You will plan and deliver key internal communication campaigns at BU and EMEA level, and position BU/EMEA senior leadership via impactful communication activities.
- You will bring relevant experience in internal/employee communications as well strong judgement to connect the dots across Group, BU and regional initiatives.
- Develop and implement internal communication plans for BU/EMEA-wide initiatives and to position BU/EMEA senior leadership
- Pioneers fresh ideas and innovative communication formats to inform and align employees with the BU strategies and must-wins
- Creates high quality content and ghost writes material for BU/EMEA senior leadership - such as leadership emails, blogs, video scripts
- Prepares BU/EMEA-wide town hall presentations and other formats to engage employees and senior leadership in dialogue
- Ensures effective sequencing and orchestration of communications
- Measures the impact of communication activities to further enhance the way we communicate
- Advises on the right channel mix in order to effectively land messages with BU/EMEA employees
- Publishes content on internal digital channels and oversees production of video and other visual content
- Promotes open, transparent, consistent and timely communication to key stakeholders
Skills and Experience required:
- A Bachelor/Master degree or equivalent in Communications, Journalism, Political Science or Humanities
- Minimum of 7 years experience in internal/employee communications in a corporate environment, preferably in a Matrix organisation
- Experience in planning and implementing internal communications campaigns, supporting global or regional initiatives
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Outstanding storytelling, writing and editing capabilities
- Strong conceptual, planning and project management skills
- Confidence to challenge the status quo and speak your mind
- Creative ideas and an appetite and to apply new tools, formats and strategies
- A healthy level of attention to detail
- Stamina and persistence to pursue new ideas
- Visual communication, design or video editing skills are a plus
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Creative, open to new ideas - and able to pursue these independently
- A collaborative, engaging, fun team player
- Energetic, diplomatic, flexible
- A good listener, able to quickly grasp complex processes
- Confident in consulting internal stakeholders at all hierarchical levels
- Proactive, confident, with high integrity
- Client-, service- and solution-minded
- Digital/social media savvy
- Committed to high quality, also under pressure