Posted on Mar 28, 2021 by Parker Shaw
Location: Galway, Ireland
Pay rate: Euros 68.95 euros ph
Duration: 11 months
We are looking for a IT Developer/Engineer to join our client in Galway, Ireland.
- Has good knowledge of software engineering best practices such as but not limited to automated testing, refactoring and continuous integration
- Has good knowledge with automated testing tooling such as JUnit, Mockito and FitNesse
- Has good knowledge with continuous integration tooling such as GitHub, Jenkins and Maven
- Has good knowledge with software IDEs such as IntelliJ
- Has strong verbal and written communication skills through English
- Has good knowledge of Agile software development methodologies like scrum, XP and SAFe
- Experience in Programming and Tools for Artificial Intelligence and Data Analytics such as Python as plus.
Customer focus - Be able to clearly outline the customer benefit of their work and have worked with a product owner/manager, or indeed directly with customers to build solutions. Note this is not working for a client that simply tells them what to build with specific deadlines.
Software best practices - favor simple design approaches, team work including pairing or similar techniques
Quality - unit testing, and end to end testing using Selenium or similar on a continued basis, not as an afterthought. They should be working with quality being part of their immediate team and not as a separate team.
Delivery - be diligent in seeing code contributions through to production and provide engineer level backup to the support organization.
Deployment - be aware and have experience in Docker/Docker Swarm/Kubernetes, and scripts to deploy. Again they don't need to be experts in this.
Please apply if you have the relevant skills.