Data Platform Tech Lead (Azure).*Remote working*
Posted on Mar 28, 2021 by ERP Resource Base
Our client has presented us with a new contract opportunity. If interested, please send your CV through the JobServe link.
The Data Insights & Analytics CoE designs, configures, implements and operates a multi-country DataLake-based Azure Data Platform for Business Intelligence, Analytics, Data Science and Data Hub use cases, enabling strategic capabilities on the Retail, Marketing, Financial areas, Supply Chain and E-commerce business domains.
As a Technical Lead on the Azure Data & Analytics CoE, you will:
Chair and Lead the domain's Design Authority.
- Design the platform foundations together with the other Design Authority architects and tech experts.
- Write down, together with other Design Authority members, the platform enablers specifications for Scrum Teams to implement them.
- Design the evolving cloud platform blueprint and its tech roadmap.
Represent technology and be the voice of Design Authority towards stakeholders and other stakeholder groups.
- Technically lead the design and implementation strategy of the platform.
- Review the Feature High Level Solution Design and System designs.
- Define the Solution Intent and development principles and standards for Scrum Teams.
- Act as a technical SME for Business Intelligence and Datawarehousing design and implementation principles
Detailed responsibilities and accountabilities include:
- Designs and consolidates data management practices jointly with solution architects: Literacy, Datamodelling, Democracy, Ingestion, Metadata management, Quality, Protection, etc.
- Enforces that all D&A features are delivered following defined guidelines, standards and policies.
- Defines the necessary platform enablers for the platform roadmap as per business objectives.
- Reviews and documents any deviations from the data management guidelines.
- Gathering, building, and documenting both a technical and functional knowledge and understanding of the platform's data and processes.
- Drive the technical architecture and Datamodelling strategy, ensuring a consistent implementation across all value streams.
- Makes sure that data management practices are followed by solution architects and the development teams.
- Agile activities:
- Accountable for an updated data dictionary, data catalog, data lineage and ERD diagrams.
- Accountable for technical capacity and availability planning of the platform: Computing capacity, storage growth, data retention, platform uptime, etc.
- Ensure operations team is Fine-tuning/Monitoring (performance, operation, usage, cost) of components such as:
- Azure SQL Server databases
- Azure Server Analysis Services
- Azure DataLake
- Azure DataBricks clusters
- Microsoft PowerBI
- Ensures the elaboration of Root Cause Analysis, contributes to them, and reviews its corrective and preventive actions.
- Define a data management acceptance criteria.
- Review data management for feature and user stories (as part of definition of ready).
- Attends review sessions and assess data management acceptance criteria.
- Contribute to the Program sessions to align tech roadmap to business roadmap with the Product Manager.
- Proficient working knowledge on design and implementation of Data Platforms solutions on the Azure Cloud with DataLake, SQL server and PowerBI technologies as its core components.
- Solid track record implementing and operating relational (traditional) Datawarehouse platforms on technologies such as Oracle, SQL Server, Azure DW/Synapse, Teradata
- Clearly demonstrate expertise on structured data management.
- Clearly demonstrate expertise on ETL/ELT processes design and productionisation.
- Experience in fine-tuning queries and data transformation processes.
- Experience leading technical senior teams.
- Azure Data Lake or AWS/GCP equivalent.
- Azure Data Factory or AWS/GCP equivalent.
- Microsoft SQL Server or Azure DW or Azure Synapse or AWS/GCP equivalent.
- Databricks or equivalent.
- Experience with Master (or Reference) Data Management practices and design of interfaces such as APIs.
- Multidimensional modelling.
- ERD diagramming for conceptual and logical solution designs.
- Ability to define and write Project Start Architecture documents.
- Advanced level of T-SQL language.
- ITIL working experience (change, release, incident, problem management and service request)
- Microsoft SQL Server or Azure Synapse experience preferred