2nd Shift Linux Engineer
Posted on Mar 27, 2021 by Request Technology
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
A prestigious company is on the search for a 2nd Shift Linux Engineer. This person will likely be onsite starting in July and will be 3 days in the office and 2 days working remote. This is a 2nd shift potion and the hours will be Tuesday through Saturday 2:30 pm to 10:30 pm CST. This is in a Real Time environment so the systems can never be down. They need heavy experience with Linux, Linux Kernel, and this engineer needs to have some type of Scripting experience, preferably with Python.
- Use the latest in systems management techniques to develop, test, and deploy configuration changes globally.
- Reduce administrative overhead wherever possible, an "automate everything" attitude.
- Work closely with development teams on capacity scaling and performance tuning.
- Ensure Linux systems are adequately hardened and meet our security requirements.
- Work on large infrastructure projects.
- Five or more years of experience managing a large 24x7 enterprise environment (hundreds of Servers, multiple sites).
- Deep understanding of the Linux Kernel (scheduling, networking, I/O, monitoring).
- Solid background in configuration management (puppet/salt, build RPMs, deploy updates).
- Ability to write Shell and Python scripts.
- Highly methodical and analytical approach to problem solving and evaluating technologies.
- Dedication to quality and attention to detail.
- Expected hours are Tuesday to Saturday 2:30 pm to 10:30 pm CST. There is some flexibility in the work schedule.