Google Cloud Engineer
Posted on Mar 27, 2021 by Levy Associates Ltd
This is a great time to join this global enterpirse!
Our client is in the process of transforming into a modern software development organisation, using the scale and innovation benefits offered by public cloud services. This transition requires knowledge, an open attitude and cultural change within the organisation.
As a cloud engineer, you can help to bring about this change by adding value to the following:
- Development, management and maintenance of the Google Cloud Platform and Cloud Identity for this client.
- Creating and maintaining managed identities for Google Cloud services
- Guide DevOps teams on their SaaS onboarding journey to the cloud
- Securing customer and bank data through automated security compliance
- Work in Scrum teams and work together for the best result
- Standby shift that will rotate within the team
With each other
Working together is the way we work. Our team at the Cloud Competence Center joins forces to make the use of Google Cloud services faster, easier, and more secure.
This team is in the lead of our global Cloud Transformation. One of the goals of this team is to utilise the Google Cloud Platform and enable/utilise the use of the Google SaaS services. They do this by staying focused and always being ahead of the facts.
With you as a Cloud Engineer, the counter of the Cloud Competence Center stands at over 40 eager colleagues.
With your talents
- It is logical that customer orientation, enthusiasm and an unstoppable hunger for new knowledge are indispensable for this function. In addition, it is important that you recognise everything on the checklist below:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in a relevant direction (ICT)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a (Cloud) Solution Architect
- Broad experience with working in large organizations on complex technological landscapes
- Minimum of at least 2 Google certifications (Associate Cloud Engineer, Professional Data Engineer, Professional Cloud Architect)
- Knowledge and experience with Google Cloud Platform, Cloud Identity
- Preferably additional knowledge of Google Analytics, Big Query
- Knowledge and experience in onboarding Google services in Google Cloud Platform and Cloud Identity
- Knowledge and experience with Google Cloud Cost Management and Optimization
- Knowledge and experience with Networking (eg DNS, NSG's/SG's, Virtual networks, integration with Cloud/On premise)
- Experience with at least one of the following programming languages: Python, PowerShell, GO, C# or ASP.NET Core, PL/SQL
- Experience with Azure DevOps practices, Git and Yaml pipelines
- Good understanding of Identity and Access Management (eg IAM roles/users, RBAC, SSO, MFA)
- Good understanding of Security/secrets management (eg PKI, certificates, KMS/Secret Manager)
- Good understanding of Audit Logging/monitoring (eg alerting, Security center/Security hub)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Agile Way of Working (Scrum & Kanban)
- Good communication skills
- Good English proficiency (both oral and written)
Levy Associates Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.