Systems Engineer - Ireland
Posted on Mar 27, 2021 by TEKsystems
Systems Engineer/Network Engineer
This role is based in Ireland therefore applicants should be based in Ireland or have relevant right to work in Ireland and be willing to relocate at the earliest opportunity.
We are looking for a hands-on, well rounded Systems Engineer/Network Engineer for the growing Infrastructure Support team. This team is responsible for the design, administration, and daily operation of critical systems used to support the end clients' Production, Disaster Recovery, and Test environments. The team also helps to develop new support services and architects our core infrastructure.
What you will be responsible for:
- Collaborate with Operations and Engineering teams to provide infrastructure and networking support for our large and complex base of global clients.
- Assist in resolving priority incidents to quickly eliminate impacts, participate in root-cause analysis, and support subsequent corrective and preventative actions.
- Implement and support infrastructure applications and services, such as Okta, PingIdentity, Citrix, SFTP, Active Directory, Group Policy, SSRS and Tidal
- Assist with onboarding new clients, including environment provisioning, customer connectivity, service integration, and security configuration.
- Have a deep appreciation of why Security is important to our company and the customers.
- Create and maintain detailed operational documentation and runbooks.
- Establish, maintain, and adhere to CRD technical standards, policies, and procedures.
- Manage, monitor, and troubleshooting systems with strong focus on continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with business and software teams to create/streamline/automate support processes.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Operational experience on an infrastructure/networking/systems administration team supporting mission critical production systems.
- Extensive experience working with various core infrastructure and web technologies
- A strong knowledge of networking is required along with hands on experience solving problems with Firewalls, VLANs, site to site VPNs, etc.
- An understanding of BGP, MPLS, OSPF, Azure Application Gateways and Azure Traffic Manager
- Substantial experience MS Windows Server system administration or Application Server support
- Several years experience with VMWare system advanced administration
- Several years' experience with Active Directory advanced administration.
- Several years' experience working in critical production environments, including Disaster Recovery support.
- Solid understanding of related Microsoft technologies - Group Policies, IIS, WSUS, Windows Failover Clustering, SQL Server, DFS, DNS, NTFS etc.
- Some Scripting and automation experience, especially in Powershell, Perl, etc. a large plus
- Experience writing basic SQL queries to perform light database administration tasks.
- Solid understanding of file transfer and web protocols (ex: FTP, SFTP, HTTP/S)
- Some support experience with security technologies, such as IDS/IDP, anti-virus, penetration tests, vulnerability scans, SIEM, encryption, server hardening.
- Experience with some web/Application Server technologies (ex: Apache HTTPD, IIS, Tomcat, JBoss, Weblogic, WebSphere)
- Experience with job scheduling software a plus (ex: Cisco Tidal, AutoSys, BMC Control-M)
- Experience with managed hosting and cloud providers a plus (ex: Rackspace, Amazon Web Services/AWS, Century Link, Azure )
- Experience with Single Sign On (SSO) and application virtualization software a plus (ex: Citrix XenApp, Microsoft Remote Desktop Gateway)
- Professional IT certifications are a plus
Trading as TEKsystems. Allegis Group Limited, Bracknell, RG12 1RT, United Kingdom. No. . Allegis Group Limited operates as an Employment Business and Employment Agency as set out in the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. TEKsystems is a company within the Allegis Group network of companies (collectively referred to as "Allegis Group"). Aerotek, Aston Carter, EASi, Talentis Solutions, TEKsystems, Stamford Consultants and The Stamford Group are Allegis Group brands. If you apply, your personal data will be processed as described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice available at our website.
To access our Online Privacy Notice, which explains what information we may collect, use, share, and store about you, and describes your rights and choices about this, please go to our website.
We are part of a global network of companies and as a result, the personal data you provide will be shared within Allegis Group and transferred and processed outside the UK, Switzerland and European Economic Area subject to the protections described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice. We store personal data in the UK, EEA, Switzerland and the USA. If you would like to exercise your privacy rights, please visit the "Contacting Us" section of our Online Privacy Notice at our website for details on how to contact us. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID if there is an account associated with your request, or identifying information such as your address or date of birth, before proceeding with your request.