Shopping Data Analyst
Posted on Mar 27, 2021 by Harvey Nash IT Recruitment Switzerland
The successful candidate will support a data engineering team to expose data towards Product Analysts, Product Managers and Execs by creating and maintaining SQL queries and dashboards. This is first and foremost a technical role, requiring knowledge and proven hands on experience in SQL, and familiarity with writing technical documentation.
- SQL Queries and Dashboards
- Create and maintain SQL reports and SQL queries for data analysis.
- Review existing scripts, make sure they are updated
- Write a short summary and documentation for the dashboard
- Clean up deprecated scripts and dashboards
- Apply technical and analytical expertise to exploring and examining data from multiple disparate sources with the goal of developing reporting, metrics, and dashboards.
- Validate the consistency and integrity of data, merge data sources together, and help others gain better comprehension of data.
- Develop daily and ad hoc operational reports and dashboards using SQL.
- Technical Documentation
- Write, publish, and maintain high-quality internal technical documentation.
- Organize existing documents, identify documentation needs, and spearhead efforts to fill in gaps.
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, and technical program managers.
- Identify user needs and use cases to prioritize documentation work
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of experience with writing SQL at a proficient leve
- 3 years of experience as a technical writer
- Experience researching and writing documentation for software engineers.
- Ability to learn and explain new technologies
- Excellent writing skills. We'd love to see samples of past work for developers
- Some experience in project and process management of documentation sets
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills.
- Track record of problem solving and innovation
If you think this could be the right role for you, please feel free to apply online or please contact Agnieszka Wojcik directly ( (see below) ).