Oracle PL/SQL Developer Contract
Posted on Mar 27, 2021 by Eolas Recruitment
The Oracle PL/SQL developer will have responsibility to develop, test and implement components of software for business products based on project plans to the appropriate quality.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Working within an Agile Scrum delivery methodology as part of the Service Operations team.
- Ownership of the development, testing and implementation of software components.
- Understand and help challenge and define the functional and non-functional requirements in order to prepare technical specifications to support development for yourself and others.
- Work directly with the business to analyse, refine requirements and diagnose issues.
- Assist in the testing and troubleshooting of the overall solution inclusive of identification and remediation of system bugs.
- Follow all elements of the SDLC while adhering to standards and enhancing/suggesting improvements.
- Assist the Service Operations lead to ensure developments are delivered to schedule and within budget.
The ideal candidate will have the following knowledge, experience and skills:
- Minimum 5 years relevant IT application development experience.
- Oracle PL/SQL, Unix.
- Experience with Agile ways-of-working and following Scrum behaviours.
- Self-organised, with a can-do attitude and a deep sense of teamwork and collaboration.
- Has flexibility to manage the changing work priorities, particularly in the service operations environment.
- Ability to analyse, prepare, execute and test coding changes.
- Multi skilled and capable of working in many different parts of the SDLC at the same time.
- Knowledge of Java is desirable but not essential.