Project Manager €70K DOE
Posted on Mar 27, 2021 by I.T. Alliance N.I. Ltd
Our client is a Market leading online bookmaker and gaming with a Prescence throughout Ireland and the UK. Due to continued growth and the next phase of the company's development plan, they now require 3 x IT project managers.
The IT Project Manager will manage a portfolio of projects for the company's retail and online application requirements. The Project Manager will be expected to take responsibility for managing teams that will design and create fast, secure, reliable and highly usable applications. The role will involve working with teams of design, development, infrastructure, architect, database specialists and testers. He/she will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals.
This role is permanent. While offered on a predominantly remote basis, as Covid 19 restrictions are eased there may be an occasional requirement to travel to the Company's head office, and/or meet with Key Stakeholders in Ireland, the UK and other parts of Europe.
Please note that previous experience of working as an IT Project manager with a 24-7, high transaction online business is an essential requirement for this role.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Work closely with management to understand the business requirement for the projects, developing effective working relationships and ongoing management processes for the project.
- Work across the whole development department to lead the project team and ensure that all development projects are delivered within the timescales and to the quality expected.
- Define and manage changes in the project scope, goals and deliverables, resource requirements and work plan for the projects, managing project dependencies, critical path and success criteria.
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Ensure that the project is delivered within the financial requirements and the expected timeframe of the business.
- Drive industry leading standards and best practices across all projects, using appropriate tools where required.
- Manage, monitor and motivate the cross functional team assigned to the project, including internal team members, external consultant and suppliers.
- All reporting, including project progress, risks & issues analysis, Ad-hoc reporting
- Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Minimum 5 to 8 years' experience as a Change Project Manager within an IT department.
- A proven track record of successful project delivery within the Web and mobile development space.
- Experience working a 24/7 transaction driven, online business, preferably in an area related to Gambling or Gaming.
- Team management experience.
- Excellent stakeholder management.
- Experience of the whole project life cycle, gained within complex enterprise environments.
- Experienced using MS Project, TFS, Visio, Jira and similar project management tools.
- Ability to select and apply most appropriate project methodology to the situation.
- The ability to foster motivation within the project team to meet tight deadlines.
- Be able to work additional hours may sometimes be required to meet project deadlines.
- Be in a position to undertake occasional travel for the purpose of meeting with stakeholders, or off-site personnel/management.
- Reside on a Full time basis in Ireland, the EU/EEA or UK
- Native/fluent level English language proficiency
- Very strong verbal and written communications skills
IMPORTANT! All applicants must have immediate availability to work in the EU as our client cannot provide any kind of Visa or Work Permit sponsorship at present.
For more information on this role, please contact Níall or send current CV along with brief cover letter through this site